Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Goob job, Cannonball! Looking forward for your conquering of some epic levels in the third episode of Vile Flesh.

Kurogane UV-Max in 4:14. Can be a toughie here given the very tight amount of health available.

Certainly improvable in several spots, namely not having to worry about what's around the corner when I have single digit health for like a minute or more, heh.

kuro-414.zip

Real World Map15 Hard Attack UV Max in 2:00
Fun map, but peeling the extra seconds off was hard, disappointed about not getting below 2 minutes but too many unlucky things kept happening.

rw15-200.zip

cannonball said:

Real World Map15 Hard Attack UV Max in 2:00
Fun map, but peeling the extra seconds off was hard, disappointed about not getting below 2 minutes but too many unlucky things kept happening.

Nice run, actually I already got some Real World demos finished, will be send to Andy tomorrow. As for the time, except for Real World map11, all beat your time. You can actually finish faster for your Real World demos, the main point of getting slow is that your choose of weapons isn't very good. And I do agree that this map isn't easy to get below 2 minutes, I have also make a lot of tries in order to get 2:40 for Real World 2 map07.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Nice run, actually I already got some Real World demos finished, will be send to Andy tomorrow. As for the time, except for Real World map11, all beat your time. You can actually finish faster for your Real World demos, the main point of getting slow is that your choose of weapons isn't very good. And I do agree that this map isn't easy to get below 2 minutes, I have also make a lot of tries in order to get 2:40 for Real World 2 map07.

Good good, well in the end I myself would rate the demos I made for this wad as average, the RW2 demos can be improved by some more "experimenting". I do hope that my demos (if you looked at them) were of some use to helping theres get some decent times and of course give the wad(s) the attention they rightly deserve :)
Feel free to up them here so we can get a little sneak peek before the dsda update ;)

OUT OF PHASE II by Karthik Abhiram

MAP01 Max in 0:54
MAP01 NM speed in 0:27
MAP02 Max in 1:37

In MAP02, I encountered quite a strange thing. After entering the hallway with the archvilles, I press the niche in the wall to activate secret sectors, and then I have to kill a demon with an SSG shot. Now, whenever I activate the lifts, the demon just refuses to die from SSG. And if I miss the activating linedef, the demon dies easily. And both cases mean that I have to quit. It happens quite rarely that I activate the lifts AND kill the demon after that, and this puzzled me.

oph2demo.zip

Enjay's Shores Of Hell UV Maxes
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13154
E2M1 - 2:15
E2M2 - 2:28
E2M3 - 3:10
E2M9 - 2:20

Just a set of demos for a really nice wad, I'm not sure whether these will play of the full three episode wad (njdoom.wad). Complicated situation caused by my own ignorance. I will improve these times using the full 3 episode version.
full wad
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=14285

nj_soh1 demos.zip