Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

New Moderators for the Demos Forum

The Demos forum is now more than eight years old, and has been far more successful than anyone imagined it would be.

It is time for a new generation to take over, and hopefully to make this forum even more dynamic and productive. The new moderators are dew and vdgg, who will be well-known to all users of this forum. Their knowledge of Doom and demo-recording are outstanding, and both have made countless helpful and insightful posts in this forum.

I'll be around to assist them where needed, but they are running the show now, so please give them your full support.

Thanks to everyone who has made this such a great forum over the last eight years.

This one will be unstuck after a little while, and the announcement expires in a week.

Grazza said:

It is time for a new generation to take over...

I just checked your bio, now I realize I'm definitely younger than you and Opulent, but older than most of the active users here. Born in the 70s, though at the very end of 70s.

Thanks for congratulations guys.

i guess being born in the mid-80's makes me the youngster of the team, hehe. thanks for the positive reactions and i believe i'm speaking on vdgg's behalf as well when i say we hope we will successfully not delete this forum by mistake!

Fortunately that isn't possible, but accidentally deleting individual posts or even threads is quite easily done when there are so many new options available. If you're unsure how a particular feature works, feel free to ask.

I like Grazza's choice. Both vdgg and dew are friendly, constructive, adequate guys. Congrats to new moderators!

BTW, I was already guessing that vdgg is about the same age as Adam Hegyi, Ryback, Anthony Soto, Radek Pecka and Øyvind Stenhaug.

dew said:

i guess being born in the mid-80's makes me the youngster of the team, hehe. thanks for the positive reactions and i believe i'm speaking on vdgg's behalf as well when i say we hope we will successfully not delete this forum by mistake!

I give you 10-to-1 odds on this happening.

Congrats, guys! :)

Cool stuff, definitely two excellent choices :). Congratulations!

Edit: I must say that the announcement forum symbol is quite disappointing. Needs moar doom

grats to dew and vdgg :)
and grazza don't dare to disappear. actually maybe you 'll have some more free time for demorecording every now and then *cough cough ^^

Congrats. Vdgg is certainly one of the most levelheaded guys around these parts. And, uh, considering how many times I seem to offend dew without even trying, I guess I'll have to be more careful with my wording around here, which isn't necessarily bad considering the quality of my posting sometimes.

please, don't be. that stuff usually happens in /newstuff or everything else and i asked to be reassured i wouldn't have any powers in places where my emotions flare up, haha.

congrats, couldn't have thought of better people to have moderating this, I do hope grazza sticks around. Anyways good luck with your new found powers.

No, I'm not leaving. I'll still be here as back-up, and I'll be watching demos and making suggestions or comments when I see fit. As for recording, I'll continue to record things when I spot an interesting idea and have some time to spare.

Grazza said:

No, I'm not leaving.

Oh thank god...or satan, or whoever.

Fair enough, good choices. Congratulations to the new mods and yeah, don't stop recording demos, Grazza :)