Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

Unloved II [BETA1 released]

You know, Blueeagle would have usually replied to such activity on this thread by now. Makes me worried, wonder if he just lost interest, or succumbed to the problems of life he seemed to be facing. In any case, I pray that he's doing well.

I follow him on YouTube pretty regularly. He hasn't mentioned Unloved II in a while, but he HAS been working on a standalone adventure game, so I imagine that's taking most of his time and U2 is on hold for now. But, he's not the type to just up and abandon a project altogether!

Hi guys!

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't reading this forum for the last time. As UltimateCarl said, I'm quite busy with another project right now. One reason is that this project I'm going to sell when it's ready, so I can live a happy life of prosperity (just kidding but hopefully I make a little profit out of that).

The other reason is the stupid debate that was going on at the "review" section of Unloved and also in these forums because other resources were used that I didn't make myself and it was "overhyped".

Well boo hoo, why the hell do people think realm667 offers all those resources? So that nobody uses them? It's to have Doom projects with more variety. Not everyone wants to use the original Doom textures because maybe they don't want to make the 546345234th military base! And why the hell do people think everyone has the time to spend to make all new textures and resources by themselves for a Doom project? Fucking morons.

Sorry for that, but stupid people like that really piss me off sometimes. Right now I'm just not in the mood for Unloved2 because outside is awesome weather, the sun is shining every other day and everyone is happy and has a fun time. Not cool to sit inside and work on a project that is destined to get a lot of hate in the end.

I'm sure when the months get colder, my heart will also freeze over again and I will continue on Unloved2. Fuck those haters.

PS: I'm listening to your song RightField and it's pretty awesome! Has some kind of Silent Hill thing going on that I really dig

Don't let all the haters get to you BlueEagle. If everyone stopped doing whatever they liked doing (i.e. Making music, Mapping Doom levels) because some people voiced their negative opinions on something they made, then a lot of people would be cheated out some really great things. Believe me, not too many people hated the first Unloved, It won a Cacoward! You yourself said it best, "Fuck those haters".

But putting the sappy lecture aside, I consider the first Unloved to be one of my favorite Doom add-on's of all time, and I think it would be a travesty if Unloved II never got released because a few people bitched about the resources you used. If anything, I thought the resources you used made Unloved seem all that more interesting, especially in the music department.

Speaking of music, I bought this album over the summer after I played Unloved for the 2nd time, and I think some of the music in it would be perfect for Unloved II. Luckily, someone on Youtube uploaded the whole album into a playlist, so you can preview all the tracks here. I think tracks 1, 2, 5, 20 ,21, and 22 would be perfect for Unloved II.

The other reason is the stupid debate that was going on at the "review" section of Unloved and also in these forums because other resources were used that I didn't make myself and it was "overhyped".

Welcome to 201x DW and tbh just ignore them...the haters are those who hate any non-vanilla/Boom project and make a lot of noise about it when one is released. And ripped resources etc. is just another way of expressing this, given that they never hate on vanilla/Boom wads that do the same.

While I wasn't a big fan of Unloved (too confusing at times), it was certainly very popular and deserved it's award. It would be a real shame if the sequel never got released because of the attitude round here...so don't give up, there are plenty who would love to see it finished.

I don't see how people can complain about projects being made for a game that's as old as Doom. I'd be more thankful.

Don't give up on this project! The ambiance alone draws my attention every time I replay the first one, and there's still the intricate detail, the chilling soundtrack and the level design. Not to mention the demo of Unloved 2 managed to improve on all of these aspects without compromising what made the original unloved so...loved.

Honestly, I enjoy a diverse and new experience like unloved. After playing dozens upon dozens of startan bases, it's a refreshing change of pace.

If the few reviews that aren't glowing praise are getting to you that much, be glad that you apparently have a trigger happy admin in your long list of fans - or a conveniently selective idgames review eating bug.

Gotta stay positive, citizen Phml! So, hey, I want to thank you for indirectly telling me how much I should care about the opinions of most doomers. As someone who tends to see everything with rose-tinted glasses up until facing actual human beings, I can always use such a reminder every now and then.

For what it's worth, you are probably one of the only authors that I've seen use the new bestiary resources far more effectively than most other authors. I'm just glad that the monsters used are similar enough to Doom's art direction.

Do what you love to do; haters gonna hate. There are people who even despise Boom, or Doom+. I look forward to the day I play Unloved and its sequel; they look phenomenal.

Haters gonna hate. Oh, and

BlueEagle said:

Hi guys!
... the stupid debate that was going on at the "review" section of Unloved and also in these forums because other resources were used that I didn't make myself and it was "overhyped".

Well boo hoo, why the hell do people think realm667 offers all those resources? So that nobody uses them? It's to have Doom projects with more variety. Not everyone wants to use the original Doom textures because maybe they don't want to make the 546345234th military base! And why the hell do people think everyone has the time to spend to make all new textures and resources by themselves for a Doom project? Fucking morons.

Sorry for that, but stupid people like that really piss me off sometimes. Right now I'm just not in the mood for Unloved2 because outside is awesome weather, the sun is shining every other day and everyone is happy and has a fun time. Not cool to sit inside and work on a project that is destined to get a lot of hate in the end.

I'm sure when the months get colder, my heart will also freeze over again and I will continue on Unloved2. Fuck those haters.

PS: I'm listening to your song RightField and it's pretty awesome! Has some kind of Silent Hill thing going on that I really dig

+Love (I mean -Love :P). For the record, I think your work is unmatched and definitely one of the things that has kept my interest in both Doom and Doom modding in many respects. Fuck the detractors over reasons like "stealing resources" or whatever from Realm667. You couldn't have said it better yourself: they're there to be used in projects. And not everybody got skills to make their own textures, sprites, sounds Keep that shit up and you have my respect :)

Infernal Grape said:

Unloved 1-2 is maybe best level design in doom wads ever =)

I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely pretty impressive. If you want an example of better level design,look at Eternal's maps.

BlueEagle said:

Hi guys!

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't reading this forum for the last time. As UltimateCarl said, I'm quite busy with another project right now. One reason is that this project I'm going to sell when it's ready, so I can live a happy life of prosperity (just kidding but hopefully I make a little profit out of that).

Don't listen to the haters. I think it's fine to use other resources so long as you give credit, and I'm pretty sure you did. So, there should have been no complaints in regards to that. But there are people out there who just want to nit-pick things or complain either out of jealousy or something else. It's pointless.

As far as "Unloved" being over-hyped, I don't think it was. Maybe it was talked about a lot, but I don't think it was run into the ground. I think some people may have gotten themselves too hyped up over it for whatever reason (the story, the screencaps, the music, the reviews, etc.) I was hyped up right from the very start, and it wasn't because you went on and on about it. I just liked what I saw.

One WAD won't appeal to everyone, no matter how hard you work on it, and you just have to ignore that and listen to the constructive critiques. I really hope you do finish "Unloved 2" because it really does seem to have a lot of potential, just like the prequel. And I am glad you are making a game that's going to bring some money to you! That's always good news, getting paid to do what you like.

Good luck!

killer2 said:

I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely pretty impressive. If you want an example of better level design,look at Eternal's maps.

Well, to be fair, when you compare projects like these its like comparing Da Vinci to Rembrandt. At this point its a matter of taste. Trying to discus who is the better master and why is pointless.

Heh, Rembrandt. I had a damn midterm on art and one part about how any painting "by Rembrandt" that uses Titanium White is not authentic... err, anyway.

Godsdoomer said:

Has anyone heard anything from blue eagle lately?

Hopefully he didn't let the haters get to him and make him lose interest.

I absolutely love Unloved. It had an atmosphere unlike any other wad I played. A story seems to unfold in an abstract way.

I haven't tried the beta for part 2 yet, but the screenies look awesome.I would rather wait till it is finished to see it fresh.

Yea I hope he dident either, its all the old moldies around here that resist anything that doesn't seem to be vanilla-ish.

Im sure he'll respond to this thread soon.

Subscribe to him on youtube, he uploads videos every so often. It looks like he's working on another project at the moment, a panda game that looks kinda like gungirl 2.

Yea I hope he dident either, its all the old moldies around here that resist anything that doesn't seem to be vanilla-ish.

God forbid anyone doesn't fawn over everything stuffing as many custom monsters and dynamic lights as possible per map pixel squared. If you can't defend a wad without attacking its detractors, that says a lot.

So your argument in a nutshell, as I understand it, is: anyone who dislikes this does so for bad reasons, but you can't put a single good reason on why you enjoy this because "it's subjective".

Yeah.

You want crystal clear, here's the best rephrasing I can do: if you're trying to support something, being positive about it is always helpful, whereas being negative about something else will at best hurt your point and at worst prompt people to argue with you.

Godsdoomer said:

Who? I keep hearing about these magical fascinating people but somehow they still haven't shown themselves yet.

Godsdoomer said:

...try Unloved too...

And maybe even Unloved two.

I really want to see BlueEagle return to this. There isn't another project quite like it and it is a beautiful thing.