Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spazman

Doom RPG: New Release 7/31/12

Thanks, Crispy.

Oh, and for those who have had trouble with the new version, a newer, bugfixed version has been uploaded to the first page. Please don't ragequit on me now.

News on Doom RPG:

-----------------------------
Here's some updates on the mapcount:

-105 individual maps completed.
-Just about all First-area locations completed, working on outer-rim locations and mid-Darkside.
-Over 100 new tiles have been made, including new sloped ones.

Updates on items:

-Items can now be merged, think of it as a rough similarity to a Resident Evil game. Items, Weapons, and ammunition can be merged as of this point. Here are a few examples:

"Crowbar" + "Chain" = "CrowHook" <-- Used for lengthy climbs and as a deadly ranged weapon.

"Gasoline" + "Bottle" + "Cloth" = "FireBomb" <-- Kinda like a non-alcoholic molotov.

"Empty Grenade Casing" + "Ignitor" + "Metal Shrapnel" = "Shrapnel Grenade"

Updates on other game events:

- Cutscene where you find John Pietrovich is now made, and fully animated (with NPCs)

- Animated NPCs are now usable in-game, especially when you get to Mid- Darkside as well as the Outer Rim.
----------------------------

Progress is being made. Keep with us.

Hello everyone. I'm back online (router fixed) with anohter update on the Doom RPG. It is now about 50% completed for Episode 1, and the latest download is now available! This one, featured on page one of this thread, has many bugfixes that resolved problems that rendered the game unplayable last time on other gaming sites.

This doesn't have all the latest actions you can do like the last post, but it does include a great intro scene, as well as updated map tiles and map designs. Wall-mapping is also fixed in this version.

Sadly, however, the savegames from the previous version of the game no longer work, due to the updated map designs and new features.

Anyway, the new update is on page one. Go 'n' get it, and reply to this thread if you have any concerns, comments, etc!

Hey everyone. I haz returned with a little bit more good news!

-Some of the VAs for the "Doom: Evil Unleashed" game have turned in their sounds for the game, and will be featured in the next upcoming demo!

-With some help from the KDIZD staff, I was given some permission to use some of the graphics from the mod for use with the RPG. As a result, I've made some pretty decent replicas of Doom textures for the game, as well as a spiffy new OverWorld map, using the intermission screen's pictures. Here's a WIP version of the new OW map:

---------

- So far, I'd not been mapping much lately, considering I've been doing rather personal things at my own home. I've reached a good total of about 115 maps so far for the game, and that's just for the "Darkside Crater" section of the game.

- Be watching! No telling when I'll finally make this thing, but it IS a lot of work for one dude.

-----------

New Engine Updates:

-Ambient Sound
-OverWorld Map (WIP)
-You can now run using the Right Shift key.
-A saving feature has been added.
-Randomly-spawning Explosive Barrels during combat.
-Voice Acting

(The latest version with these updates has not been released publicly.)
----------

Things are getting better and better. I've returned to making maps for the Doom RPG after a lack of creative ideas, and a Diablo-esque stat system is in the works of being implemented. A bit more voice-acting is coming the game's way as well, If i can ever find the time to send the guy the lines. xP

Anyway, I did some mapping today, and tried to add some pretty good detail. I still need inspiration for a mountainside-map though, for the part where the player must cross an area as such to make it to the Command Control. Any wad suggestions that I can 2D-ify for the game's cause? **

Oh, and one last thing, I did make a few areas for the Command Control:

Oh, and one more thing. If anyone wants a copy of the latest WIP verion of the game, just PM me. I'll gladly give it out!

However, this is considered another test version. If I do give you a copy, you MUST post your problems/likes/dislikes here in this thread. Since I want all comments to be handled publicly.

*sits at a nearby table, filled with stacks of the demo*

Step on up!

I'm back guise. I took a short break from game dev, but I'll soon be getting back on the ball. For just a little view into the most recent works, here's a pic for the lot of ye.

'eeeyup. Got a beta build waiting if anyone wants to try it.

It's just testing the new "Perk" system and Statpoint system, kinda like Diablo.

Hey guise! I think it's about time for another progress update, don't ye think?

Anyway, seeing as how I've been off for a bit, I guess I'll start by saying that I currently have a new mapper designing some of the levels for the game, as well as a GREAT coder for the game.

Many more things are being added to the game, as well as there being some good graphic-overhauls. Sprites were the things needing the most work, as the engine I use only supports 16 colors for sprites.

Don't worry, this project is still alive and kickin'!

More sprite updates! :

A redrawn graphic for an old enemy :

And finally, some edits and reimaginings of the characters, starting with this well-known one (Used FF4 Sprites for edit):

Hey guys. I'm here with some news on the progress of the Doom RPG and such.

Well, there's a new coder with me who's helping me out with some of the technical mumbo-jumbo involved with it, so that's getting cleared away. Also, the one-year mark of work on this is fast approaching!

I've written a journal about it in the online magazine which is focused on the engine I'm using.

A new version should be released soon with the latest issue. When the issue is posted, I'll post the link to the new version of the Doom RPG.

---

Also, I need help with Voice Acting for the game. I need both men and women roles, to fill the positions of Lorelei Chen, John Pietrovich, and some of the marines inside the base.

If ANYONE at all could help, please e-mail or PM me!

The next version of the Doom RPG has been released!

---
Now, this isn't still a fully-functional version. There are some things I should probably point about this current update:

- Not all the battle sprites for the main hero character (Flynn) have been changed yet. We're still trying to modify code to make way for the new sprite types.

- Enemy balance may be off. If you find yourself under/overpowered, it is because we have not fully balanced out the strength of monsters yet. SAVE OFTEN.

- Story Scripts are still undergoing major changes.

- The farthest playable area is to the beginning of the Gate Control. Beyond the entrance, nothing has been coded.

- Some areas still need to be shaded.

- Older savegame files will not work with this new version, due to new maps, features, enemies, etc. being added.

---

This is all I can think of for the moment. If you notice anymore bugs or disturbances, message me either in PM or on this thread.

Also, if you'd like to try out for a voice acting role, there's still plenty of slots open!

---

Download:

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/download.php?id=1796
---

Development pics and screenshots:

Had to redo that God-awful version of the Doomguy's helmet that one of my previous artists made.