Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

My shitty failed Sunder map10 demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdh9byge2mdxafb
This is my first playthrough of the map, and my first serious take for a demo. Hope you guys like it (even if I failed pretty bad). I tried to make some subsequent demos, but ended up dying all the time. Will try again when I have some free time.

Opinions? What needs to be improved? Also is the demo ok for "legitness" or do I need to change stuff (autoaim, freelook, complev etc.)? Thanks in advance.

You could mention what source port you used. Doesn't open with prboom+. There's failed demo thread on the first page. There's attachment for files. Starting a thread with words "shitty failed" and hoping people to like it, heh. :))

DEMO WAS RECORDED WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION OF ZDOOM. EXPECT IT TO GO OUT OF SYNC.

You died, then sat there for like 5 minutes, then respawned, started running into a wall and shooting at it.

Please use something else next time. Preferably prboom-plus.

DuckReconMajor said:

DEMO WAS RECORDED WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION OF ZDOOM. EXPECT IT TO GO OUT OF SYNC.

You died, then sat there for like 5 minutes, then respawned, started running into a wall and shooting at it.

Please use something else next time. Preferably prboom-plus.

What the hell? That is not what happened...probably won't use Perkristian's weapon animations next time. Probably that's causing it. Also, I will try looking into PRBoom Plus. Does it have OGL?

It has nothing to do with Perkistan's mod. You just need to not use GZDoom. It's horrible for demos. If you don't have the exact same version you used it won't work.

And yes, prboom-plus comes with glboom-plus which is also okay to use.

But still...it seems hard to give up GZDoom...I've been using it for more than 3 years, and before that I used ZDoom! Oh well, guess I'll give it a try, but chances are I won't like it. Also another really important thing. Does it have OPL emulation?

Well you can keep using GZDoom, just expect that no one is going to watch your demos. Many people aren't going to update their version just for a demo, and even worse, once GZDoom updates your demo will no longer work with the current version. Definitely no one is going to go back versions to watch it.

I'm not sure about OPL emulation. But it shouldn't be too bad using glboom-plus. It has mouselook, but only mouselook, as in you still shoot straight ahead and depend on autoaim.

Hello killer2,

Please take a look at the sticky thread, especially sections regarding "including a text file" and "Zdoom and its derivatives". And please state the GZDoom version - even such a Zdoom-friendly user as DuckReconMajor couldn't watch what you recorded.

Then feel free to ask whatever you're not sure about and feel welcome to the forum. I can't say anything about the demo for the reasons already mentioned by DuckReconMajor. Sunder.wad is probably a good choice for grabbing some attention, however I'd recommend something shorter/easier for the start, so you could show us a successful demo.

@Paska: :-D

r1218
EDIT:Thanks very much for the link. And sorry all for being a noob and not reading the FAQ of the Demo subforum before posting. I always rush at things and end up doing them wrong.

Psst: Don't tell anybody but Eternity can also play back most BOOM 2.02 (-complevel 9) demos ;)

Hehehe finally some work for new mods. :D

Umm, the first thing I would improve is to beat it at first, I think. :P

vdgg said:

Err, no. Now I am a noob. Which one of these are we supposed to download?

It should be here but apparently it got deleted or something. It was a SVN. http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

So I installed prboom but I can't seem to change the screen resolution...find it nowhere in the menus.
EDIT: I also can't seem to set up autoaim. This port is pretty terrible :/

Quasar said:

Psst: Don't tell anybody but Eternity can also play back most BOOM 2.02 (-complevel 9) demos ;)

Really? Has anything much changed since this comment?

j4rio said:

Hehehe finally some work for new mods. :D

Umm, the first thing I would improve is to beat it at first, I think. :P

I just saw the first 2:50 minutes of your demo (don't have time today, but will watch the full demo on the weekend). If that's the level of skill required to actually beat the goddamn thing then I might as well not even try...