Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

1ntru said:

You might be mistaking this map for another. In Plutonia 2 MAP32, numerous monster fail to teleport (something like 15~20, can't remember exactly) and numerous ghost monsters are created thanks to a failed crushing ceiling. Give the map a go and you will see it!

]

lol map32 Go 4 it, this map is much harder and much worst than Go 2 it.

btw, maybe Gusta or anybody else with map editing knowledges can help me out a little: is the invulnerability reachable in map17? and if yes-how?

No, seriously, I saw Heretic or skepticist doing this jump in an FDA demo, personally I cannot grab it, so it is an excuse. Fortunately, I really don't think it is of any use on this map.

blob1024 said:

btw, maybe Gusta or anybody else with map editing knowledges can help me out a little: is the invulnerability reachable in map17? and if yes-how?

I think, I planned this place as a Rocket Jump trick but then I found it´s also reachable by not-so-trivial St50 jump so I let it be. It was meant as super-secret anyway (not marked as secret) so you don´t need it to get UVmax. It would be helpful though:)

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map17 uv-max 12:49*

not satisfied, but I wasnt playing for more than a week after this time, and for now I can't beat it even in "much better" playing attempts
want to change map anyway zZz

pl217-1249.zip

Memfis said:

Awesome! Best PL2 map. :)

I absolutely agree :-D I am really happy that you recorded it, blob, good job!

I just hated the sphere secret :P and the fact monsters never collaborated in last attempts. I hope it's not as sloppy as I feel!
if cc4 will be delayed further, ill play again the level for a sub 12min time

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map18 uv-max 10:34*

I'd better not say anything about the run and the map. I'm fucking pissed about uploading this before a sub10 is achieved

pl218-1034.zip

blob1024 said:

I find the final jump and exit-secret-flagged, rather silly btw. Don't really get a sense in that.

Same situation as in Doom2 MAP07. If there is no secrets on the map, tally screen always shows 0% in vanilla. People avoid this by adding such "secrets".

Memfis said:

Same situation as in Doom2 MAP07. If there is no secrets on the map, tally screen always shows 0% in vanilla. People avoid this by adding such "secrets".

still, why making that sector in an area you must jump to access to? you can easily jump directly on the exit and lose an uv-max demo.. am I wrong?

blob1024 said:

still, why making that sector in an area you must jump to access to? you can easily jump directly on the exit and lose an uv-max demo.. am I wrong?

sorry for that, my mistake. Originally this sector was much bigger so you trigerred the secret in any case. Then I had to reduce it to avoid VPOs / HOMs (while turning back and view the level from this spot) and I forgot to consider the fact thats secret can be missed now.

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map19 uv-max 08:53*

best plu2 map I've played so far. very exciting, hectic run especially in the second half
very nice monster disposition and "traps"
a brilliant job from the mappers imho (peroxyd method methabolist)
I'm happy to get a sub9 here, there's so much which can slow down, starting from any archvile acting badass or slow spawning enemies.

pl219-853.zip

Excellent MAP19 run! If you would approach levels 17 and 18 with the same degree of enthusiasm and persistence, you could probably push them both below 10:00.

thanks, I might give a try on those again later on, now I want to check for a couple of other levels such as 26 and 28. after that maybe 21 and 23 since tatsurd has 10:xx on both
but since I don't know the maps, can't say if the times are already godlike or not

blob1024 said:

thanks, I might give a try on those again later on, now I want to check for a couple of other levels such as 26 and 28. after that maybe 21 and 23 since tatsurd has 10:xx on both
but since I don't know the maps, can't say if the times are already godlike or not

I just tried them becasue they had been undone. Their records of mine aren't hard to beat. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your runs.

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map26 uv-max 09:04*

yea, close to 9min barrier, but since my first aim was sub10, I'm already.. "worried" enough by the fact I waited 4,5 or 6 record exit before being "satisfied"
not so lucky beginning, rest went well, ammo usage pretty calculated like wished
ps: the ammo in first part are very scarce, thats why using some rockets is practically a must, unless the infights in the green armour area goes awesome (exiting with 30shells and 10sec faster than I did here happened once or twice)
sadly that's pretty much luck based, since the spiders often blocks the way so running around them isnt doable most of the times and you got to wait them or the cacos to do.. something nice :P

edit:
forgot to mention it:
the music is really pumping after 2minutes, I liked it.

pl226-904.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Ah nice time blob1024. I am looking forward for your playthough of map29, that map is ridiculously hard and huge.

umh actually I didnt plan to play that level, but who knows :o