Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mexican Doomguy

Cyberdemon vs. The Maledict

I was wondering, both final bosses were bad-ass, buy who would have won if they have encountered before their respectives fates againts the Doomguys.

Cyberdemon:

VS.

The Maledict:

What you guys think?

Who's the real boss of DOOM 3?

The Maledict is the real boss, because... he is! Both as a plot character and the fact he's the last.

As in all Doom games, the Cyberdemon is but a pawn.

printz said:

The Maledict is the real boss, because... he is! Both as a plot character and the fact he's the last.

As in all Doom games, the Cyberdemon is but a pawn.

Maybe you're right with that, but DOOM 3 is a completely new universe so that can be debatable.

DoomUK said:

What about The Guardian?

The cerburus-kinda demon? He wasn't that bad-ass. He was just a higher rank minion.

Mexican Doomguy said:

The cerburus-kinda demon? He wasn't that bad-ass. He was just a higher rank minion.

Yes, but he's effectively invulnerable to any weapon, just like the (Doom 3) Cybie. That surely counts for something.

DoomUK said:

Yes, but he's effectively invulnerable to any weapon, just like the (Doom 3) Cybie. That surely counts for something.

He may be invulnerable but:

- He has a few harmless moving targets for you to hit
- Once they're down, HE is a sitting target.

No thanks. Sounds too much like an old-game console cheesy animatronic boss.

DoomUK said:

Yep, but the Cyberdemon could easily kill his "protection" so...

The real fight will occur between Cyber and Maledict.

The Cyberdemon MAY murder Maledict... But then, he's too dumb to know what to do afterwards. Also this (Betruger or Maledict, hell knows): "I have the soul cube in HELL! And you will NEVER find it." So he normally has the weapon to control the Cyberdemon with. Perhaps when you steal the Soul Cube, the Cyberdemon isn't informed that Maledict/Betruger lost it.

One more thing: don't forget that Maledict's attacks can breach your Artifact invulnerability. Similarly, one can presume they would breach Cyberdemon's. And he flies quite fast compared to Cyber's rockets.

Easiest way is to simply type "spawn monster_boss_cyberdemon name a enemy b" and "spawn monster_boss_maledict name b enemy a" (or how they're actually called) and see who wins. Probably Cyberdemon, because I'm not sure if his invulnerability can really be breached.

printz said:

The Cyberdemon MAY murder Maledict... But then, he's too dumb to know what to do afterwards. Also this (Betruger or Maledict, hell knows): "I have the soul cube in HELL! And you will NEVER find it." So he normally has the weapon to control the Cyberdemon with. Perhaps when you steal the Soul Cube, the Cyberdemon isn't informed that Maledict/Betruger lost it.

One more thing: don't forget that Maledict's attacks can breach your Artifact invulnerability. Similarly, one can presume they would breach Cyberdemon's. And he flies quite fast compared to Cyber's rockets.

Easiest way is to simply type "spawn monster_boss_cyberdemon name a enemy b" and "spawn monster_boss_maledict name b enemy a" (or how they're actually called) and see who wins. Probably Cyberdemon, because I'm not sure if his invulnerability can really be breached.

Whoa! Amazing post dude, yep, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ispiST18BvE

Your theory is pretty good, at the end, I suspect the same about this battle...

PD: Anyone knows where does this guy got the Baron of hell for Doom 3?

He says in the video that he got it from file-front. I know a mod called Doom 3 Perfected uses it.

And engine-wise, Cyberdemon would ultimately win. He is invulnerable to any other attack but the Soul Cube and the Maledict doesn't use it. Maledict isn't invulnerable, just a fast moving shoot-him-until-he-dies boss.

Engine wise, no one wins. Maledict is too fast for the cyberdemon, and he won't be able to penetrate his armor, only the soul cube can. Also, if the cyberdemon does manage to hit the Maledict, remember that he didn't die by being hit too much, he swallowed the stone which caused his death. So in theory, he may have the same or even tougher armor than the cyber, one that even the soul cube could not penetrate.

PRIMEVAL said:

He says in the video that he got it from file-front. I know a mod called Doom 3 Perfected uses it.

And engine-wise, Cyberdemon would ultimately win. He is invulnerable to any other attack but the Soul Cube and the Maledict doesn't use it. Maledict isn't invulnerable, just a fast moving shoot-him-until-he-dies boss.

Ok thanks for the advise. Too bad I have the mac version of DOOM 3.
Anyways, the modded baron of hell looks so good!

Rambosee said:

Engine wise, no one wins. Maledict is too fast for the cyberdemon, and he won't be able to penetrate his armor, only the soul cube can. Also, if the cyberdemon does manage to hit the Maledict, remember that he didn't die by being hit too much, he swallowed the stone which caused his death. So in theory, he may have the same or even tougher armor than the cyber, one that even the soul cube could not penetrate.

That's just the cutscene though, anyone can die there :P But if I recall correctly, you just shoot the Maledict until his health reaches a certain point so in theory he is killable with conventional weaponry. While he is fast, the Cyberdemon would win in the end but I wouldn't hold my breath.

PRIMEVAL said:

That's just the cutscene though, anyone can die there :P But if I recall correctly, you just shoot the Maledict until his health reaches a certain point so in theory he is killable with conventional weaponry. While he is fast, the Cyberdemon would win in the end but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yep. But we're talking about in-game issues...
I mean, without the rules of each boss in the game,
Who will win?