Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mexican Doomguy

Have you ever dreamed with DOOM?

baronofheck82 said:

It doesn't sound scary to read about it, but at the time, it was rather freaky.

Does PSX Doom have D_THEDA2 on the slot 12 aswell? Or is there another track, because if it isn't "In the Dark", then probably you should send me the music and I would feel how freaky it could have been.

NiuHaka said:

I had a dream where I was in trouble and tried to type IDDQD but there was no keyboard around which pretty much meant i was screwed.

This is extremely similiar to some dreams I had. I often find myself in dangerous situations, like enemies closing in on me, and I can feel a keyboard in my hands (even if there is none) and I always try to type in a cheat that saves me before it`s to late, but it never works.
Sometimes I accomplish to hit the pause key, but after a few seconds the game unfreezes by itself and I am in the same situation again.

Cell said:

Does PSX Doom have D_THEDA2 on the slot 12 aswell? Or is there another track, because if it isn't "In the Dark", then probably you should send me the music and I would feel how freaky it could have been.

Yep. That was pretty scary. But In my dreams I never heard music so...
DOOM dreams are usually weird and rare...but there are some exceptions.

Dreams about being doomguy are just too awesome.

Aren't it?

i dream rarely, or i don't remember anything when i wake up (more likely)

i remember something with a huge map reminiscent of TNT map 20 / 21 i dreamed when i played final doom for the first time, i got lost in those maps and iirc in the dream too.

in another dream i saw some plutonia styled map, i think PL2 map 1, no idea why that one of all i've played.

but i had my most crazy and vivid doom-related dream after watching that silly movie skyline. here, aliens abducted people because they needed their brains as processors or something.

well, the aliens came, and when i ran from them, i saw i could run as fast as doomguy. once the dream hinted at "doomguy" i even started straferunning, holding my gun at an angle.

so i went back to some large brown metal map to shoot the aliens. there were more of them, my shotgun wasn't enough, so i found a plasma gun and fought them, spinning and shooting wildly, but there were still more of them incoming. i was desperately looking for a BFG, angry because that stupid dream (as i realized while dreaming) didn't let me restart the map.

i think i was about kicking their ass though when i woke up and concentrated on remembering this. i stared at the ceiling in disbelief. for all its craziness and my knowledge inside the dream that i was only dreaming, i was still shitting bricks at the thought these aliens could steal my brain, and this changed into resolve to avenge the abducted people. pretty intense :p

EarthQuake said:

probably due to the massive cluster of cacofruits flying overhead.

I lol'ed

I've only had one DooM related dream, I remember I was playing Doom2 for the first time (I just beat Ultimate Doom) I think I beat the map "Dead Simple" that night. Anyways I was walking in this raining outdoorsy kind of place, and all the sudden the floor rose up and a Mancubus popped out of the ground, The last thing I heard was that sound it makes as it fires its cannons...I died, then I woke up. That's the only Doom dream I've ever had...wish I could have more, there kind of interesting.

My son has one of those Sega handhelds with 20 built in megadrive games. I recently dreamt one was built for classic Doom.

In the dream I had taken my son to a seaside town and he dragged me into a toyshop. The handheld was about £20 and said on the box something like "Includes the original classic DOOM games plus 15 new user-made games." I expected it didn't contain anything I've not seen before but I bought it anyway out of curiosity.

I remember finding it difficult to get working but once it was up and running the menu interface had a list of Doom games you could scroll down with a preview screen above showing whichever title screen your cursor was on.

The first few were the official games - Ultimate Doom, Doom II, both Final Doom IWADs and possibly the Master Levels. I fired up Ultimate Doom and was disapointed to find the controls rather awkward and unresponsive. Not very far into the game I exited to see what the additional levels were.

Scrolling down I remember there was Memento Mori and Requiem - quite possibly the other Compet-N PWADs too. I vaguely remember Icarus, Eternity and Hell 2 Pay were on the list as well but I'm not certain.

Finally, I found one that was not already familiar to me and therefore potentially created specifically for the handheld. I think it was called Genesis (this was probably my mind crossing the Sega system with Jimmy Paddock's Jenesis PWAD) and I remember the TITLEPIC being predominantly green with a 90's style and the opening level itself was like a overbearing church.

My memory trails off from this point. I think there was a new monster and the level was certainly too hard to play with the cumbersome controller. My son seemed to be getting agitated at my repeatedly failed attempts and I think I gave up on it.

When I woke I remember wishing such a device existed... oh well :-)

Strangely enough I did dream about Doom last night but only partially, I was on a road trip with an old school friend and we came to this place and when I looked out the window from inside the sky looked like that of the hell sky in Doom 2, I guess it was because I was thinking about Doom 2's hell sky while I was trying to make a map for Doom 2 the day before.

I dreamed about making a GRAY themed map for MAP07. There was this courtyard and some small rooms around it, I think they also had windows to the courtyard. Then there were also some traps around the courtyard that would release some mancubuses after the ones in the courtyard were killed. I'm not sure if there were any baby spiderdemons in the level, I was either looking around where they were or planning their locations. I also noticed I was able to set the monster parameters straight in the level editor. As in this level the mancubuses were like bosses, I set their health to 800, and some to 1000.

I had this awesome and also weird Doom dream tonight.

In searched trough some directories on my computer and found an old map I made some years ago (however, this map only existed in this dream). I totally forgot any details about this map and decided to play it again. What I saw was the most awesome landscape ever made in Doom. The level conisted of a huge ocean with big, vertically standing (almost tower-like) stone islands all over the place, some covered by ice or forests or secret caves. There was a stormy, cloudy sky above everything and some islands were connected by some kind of very long and thin rock bridges covered with snow and ice, so that you would have to slide on top of them without falling down in into the ocean. The most amazing part was that everything was made inside vanilla limits, with awesome optical tricks that were somehow possible with all the original restrictions. The mood that level set was amazing, it felt like I was really there. At some point it also started to snow.
In the distance, I started to see a huge, almost cozy looking house-like rock, emitting a warm glow from its many, small windows.
All the islands with their icy bridges were connected in a spiral-like way, and this "house" was the middle, in the spirals inner ending.
I managed to play trough the entire level. It felt like an adventure and there was lots of stuff to explore. I reached the huge house and wanted to go inside, but I was disappointed to find out that for some reason I didn`t finish it at this point.
I wondered why I didn`t upload this or showed it to anyone.

Later in the dream, I decided to turn on the computer to play it once again, and I was shocked.
The level did not look anything like it did at first. Now everything was super boring, there were almost no details and the once impressive landscape looked cheap, with dooms vanilla rendering limits being noticeable everywhere. Every time I started it up, it became more and more dull, until it disappeared from the computer for some reason.

What a weird dream. /:

This mini-dream was in my very beginnings of playing Doom, meaning I was very young (like first year of school):

It began while I was running in my school from a little scorpion, and I was in big fear. So then, after several seconds, I ran down over a street slop and was going fast. I turned my face and found out that the scorpion was just behind me! Then, it caught me and pinched me, resulting in my death. But this wasn't a normal death. When you die in Doom, the screen goes down, doesn't it? Well that's what happened to me, my sight of view fell down, watching the scorpion doing the "idle-dance" (Going through 2 sprites while idling). When I woke up I was like "What da hell?..." :P

Later in the dream, I decided to turn on the computer to play it once again, and I was shocked.
The level did not look anything like it did at first. Now everything was super boring, there were almost no details and the once impressive landscape looked cheap, with dooms vanilla rendering limits being noticeable everywhere. Every time I started it up, it became more and more dull, until it disappeared from the computer for some reason.

I'm feeling that this is a message. :P

I had another dream that I was doing some map for Doom. It was about a map I've been thinking of doing for a while.. The Temple of Blood. The map editor was some kind of new editor that allowed me to edit & play it at the same time.

I had built some entrance room to the temple with some four church window type of windows which were meant to give player advice how to proceed and what the temple was about. Though later when I looked at the windows & the messages I had written on them.. Each window was about the same with a picture of Heresiarch, the messages were just two letters.

Then I was looking around and some vividly green large, but somewhat thin reptile that looked something like baby tyrannosaurus attacked me. He came running from outside and I cut him in half with my katana. Then two more came, same result, except they managed to dodge my first strikes, but not the second. Then their mother came and she was big. She also managed to dodge my first strike, but then I just started smashing her skull.

When I killed her, some people came to the temple. I think they were Serious Sam, Santa Claus and Gandalf and some fourth guy that couldn't believe that I killed those reptiles with just a sword. I think Gandalf told him that it was possible. I have no idea what they were doing there, but apparently they came there to meet me.

MSPaintR0cks said:

I had this awesome and also weird Doom dream tonight.

What a weird dream. /:

Somehow represents that talent is going under requirements as time passes by.

I once had a dream where I was in this huge devastated and burning city. It was dark and fires where everywhere, and no other humans exept for myself. I was all alone, and that feeling was really scary. Explosions and other thundering sounds could be heard in the distance.
I was hiding in a destroyed building, very high up, like on the 20th floor or something. The walls had been blasted away so I had a view over the city. Suddenly, from beneath, a scary as fuck monster floated up to where I was hiding. It was a Pain Plemental, only four times the size, and it had fangs, kinda like a mix between a Pain Elemental and a Cacodemon! I didnt see any other monsters, but I just knew the whole city was under attack by Doom-monsters, lol.

I woke up scared as fuck, but I was hoping to get back into the same dream again, because it was so cool :P

I had another dream recently where I was in Doom again. Though this dream was quite different from the other dreams. Don't remember much of it, but enough to garner up a simple explanation.

I was just walking around in a room inside some sort of base that appeared to be somewhere on Earth. Brown, lots of brown and grey, overhanging beams. Above them, dwelt a whitish sky, and a rectangular pool of water sat in the middle of the area. There were no monsters around. Remember having a feeling of dread so strong that it was almost palpable, due to the lack of monsters. Whenever I dream about Doom, the monsters instigate a much larger sense of fear and panic in me, more than I ever felt while playing the game itself

The unique thing about this dream to me, was how I eventually heard a voice in my head, talking to me about the situation we were in. Don't remember the conversation, it was nothing schizo-like. Turned out I was in the middle of a co-op game. There was no text-chats, instead we communicated in a telepathic sense. Strange enough, when I heard the voice I recognized it as a childhood friend I had not seen in many years.

Shortly after this, my dream kicked into the next 'phase', where it got stranger, and sadly had nothing in relation to Doom.