Find results that contain...
Find results in...

two maps set on the first ukrainian space station
e1m1-e1m2
vanilla compatible AFAIK
I took the title from a hentai manga because I couldn't come up with anything

download

FDA for both maps

Map 1 was pretty meh. It could work as map01 for a e1 replacement. But it was a bit too small and easy to be taken seriously.

Map 2 however was great stuff. The looks were top notch (for a E1 map) and the fights was true to the original. But it lacked challenge as well as the first map.

You've made alot of maps by now dude. you should gather them and release something.

Glad you guys had fun.

dannebubinga said:

You've made alot of maps by now dude. you should gather them and release something.

They're all too different and only work as first\second maps.

Very cool, would love to see more though it seems you always release these two map teasers :(

Memfis.

Frankly, I like your maps. Having played all your maps that I have been able to get my hands on, I think it is pretty cool that your natural style is to make great classic maps that would be comfortable in any classic megawad like Memento Mori or Alien Vendetta. I really enjoyed playing through these two new ones. They have everything that make good vanilla maps great: lots of contrast between light and dark areas, lots of strangely shaped rooms (as in non rectangular), lots of nooks and crannies in which lurk things to kill, windows into areas you haven't been to yet, good flowing gameplay, and interesting, colorful texture/flat choices.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner, I was kinda disappointed that you pulled your maps from D2TWID and TNT2, seeing as you just naturally make such good classic maps anyway. (I gave serious thought to getting your permission to take both those maps and making them into one single classic TNT-styled map for TNT2. But Olympus beat me to the punch.)

Thinking about it, it's not a weakness to not be able to perfectly imitate what others mappers (specifically id) have done. The two maps in this thread are pure Memfis maps, not clones of id maps, and frankly they are much better for it.

Also:

MAKE A MEGAWAD ALREADY !!!

Also:

Please MAKE A MEGAWAD ALREADY !!!

Also:

Soz for the minor rant.

This WAD was really nice and fun! However, the beginning of the first level was a bit too tough and maybe you should make the beginning of the first level a bit easier. Just a suggestion.

NoobBait said:

Very cool, would love to see more though it seems you always release these two map teasers :(

Yeah, that seems to be my limit. I always get bored after 2 maps and then start another "This time things will be different" project.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

MAKE A MEGAWAD ALREADY !!!

Impossible for the reason mentioned above.
btw I can "donate" more TNT scraps if you want:
http://i.imgur.com/XeZjj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kk8Em.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qBv5G.jpg