Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Status bar tweak (and some sounds)

I noticed that the status bar's ammo counter still reads "BULL SHEL RCKT CELL", like the original game. I've updated it to reflect what the ammo types are now called by the replacement strings in the DeHackEd file. It now reads "AMO SHLL MISL ENRG".

http://www.mediafire.com/?wgsgxuas0lbxb4c

I also included a replacement for the Demon pain sound (original sounded very weak to me), a modified version of the existing Demon attack sound (this was one of the better ones of the already existing Demon sounds, but I felt it was a little empty, so I mixed in a subtle snarling sound, and it's a bit beefier and more powerful sounding now), and a replacement for the Demon active sound, as I felt that the original was very weak and quiet sounding.

Honestly, the Zombie and Imp sounds are pretty good, but the Demon ones were pretty weak and crappy to me.

I would have no issue with committing it, but I was waiting for someone else to comment first :P

Personally I think AMM would be a slightly better abbreviation than AMO (which means "I love" in Latin ;) ), but I'm not too fussed.

How are the sounds? I felt the originals were very weak, so that's why I suggested that they be replaced.

RjY said:

I think AMM would be a slightly better abbreviation than AMO (which means "I love" in Latin)

I would've just had it say AMMO to be consistent with the 4 letter scheme, but the M is significantly larger than other letters, and I had to reduce it to just AMO to keep the same spacing between the name and the numbers. AMM would be too long, as would AMMO. If the M wasn't so big, I would totally do that.