Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

Hello.

I have a map that I just "finished" (read on) that might fit this project.

It was supposed to be the third map in a triology I planned a long time ago. "Ancient Hatred" ( http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16351 ) was the first, and "Damnation" the second (never released due to the sucky-ness of it).

The thing is, I need someone to help me out with gameplay, because I just cant get it right. I really suck at making good slaughter-play.
Anyone interested?

Here is the map. Well, what I have so far. I have filled in some monsters and ammo just for "laughs", so please bear with me lol. PS: the final room/area is almost devoid of monsters.

http://www.mediafire.com/?umtx85uuimhu4y0

It runs on map01.
Let me know if anyone is interested in helping out.

and "Damnation" the second

It must have been half a dozen times now that I've tried to find this map on my HD, failed to, and played Ancient Hatred instead. Now that your post finally makes me do a search, all three links are dead. Care to reupload that one? I liked it, personally.

The map also requires cc4-tex.wad ;)

I would've helped you out, but I'm going away this weekend and before I come home, somone else have already helped you already (my guess is j4rio hehe).

The gameplay wasn't that bad either tbh. I think you could try some more :)

Phml: Damnation It's map 24

My FDA on darkreaver's latest map : http://www.mediafire.com/?6dbp474dobwr06c
( PrBoom -complevel 9 )

Great map, the opening was particularly brutal and the later traps caught me off-guard many times.

Some may argue that seeing monsters' back at the start of the map isn't good. I don't mind that too much...

I probably missed something, and got stuck after getting the two skullkeys. The bars wouldn't raise at all.

The brown theme is cool, it has some kind of HRII vibe to it.

darkreaver said:

I need someone to help me out with gameplay, because I just cant get it right. I really suck at making good slaughter-play.

Granted, it's not easy to create great / interesting fights, but you're actually more talented than you think. :)

Hmmm, okay. I`m busy this weekend myself. If anyone wants to fix/add some gameplay to this, please feel free to. Especially the last area was intended for some brutal slaughtering fights, I just didnt get to add something there.

If no one wants to, I`ll try to make something myself on monday.

dannebubinga said:

The map also requires cc4-tex.wad ;)

Ops, that was unintentional. I`ll remove the texture(s?) from cc4 and replace with a stock one.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

I probably missed something, and got stuck after getting the two skullkeys. The bars wouldn't raise at all.

The RSK and BSK, you mean? If so, what bars? =)

darkreaver said:

The RSK and BSK, you mean? If so, what bars? =)

The colored, key-marked bars near the stairs to the waterfall / Cyberdemon.
I tried activating them / the marked switches near the start, but nothing would happen ( see my FDA ).

Ok. Those bars are simply doors. You should just press them after getting the keys, but when I think of it, it might be a case of "zdoom-ism" there. Maybe they arent tagged or something.
The marked switches near the start are also doors that leads to a lift and the YSK. Might be some zdoomism there too!

I cant check either the map or the FDA until tomorrow =)

I remember that map from long ago. Uh, I 'claim' editing it for the time being if that's cool or something, but might fail, change my mind, or forget.
Hopefully you mean damnation where you start in a small hole with a switch and on a walkway with a (manc?) on either side and rl in front.

I was refering to nailed3.wad, which is the latest one, BUT, if you want to edit Damnation, feel free to! When I think of it, I actually want that one to be edited more than I want nailed3.wad to :D

gggmork: You can also change the architecture if you want to. Do whatever you like =)

Both Damnation and nailed3 are "up for grabs" =)

Damnation needs a little less frustrating and tedious play, and nailed3, I dont know...
Damnation could also need a little less linear route.

So if you want, and both maps end up good enough, you could put both maps in SF2012.

Cool, I'll try damnation for now. By the way, if I did nailed3, I'd probably start by scaling everything 2x or maybe 3x (or whatever) larger. I think lots of verticle height difference looks good but due to infinitely tall monsters and their walking behavior and doomguy usually only looking forward, mostly ground level stuff works best for gameplay imo (scaling larger just adds lots more ground for more ground level action to happen).

darkreaver - Ok thanks. Both wads are added to the first post - I put gggmork claimed Damnation (did I make a mistake?) and nailed3 is up for grabs. There's always someone in this thread willing to do gameplay edits if the author wants, so I'm sure your maps will be added. That means there are 16 maps in the first post now. Halfway through megawad #1. :)

That means there are 16 maps in the first post now. Halfway through megawad #1.

While we're discussing this, I would like for Startan Arena not to be included in any final wad. It was a fun map to make over a weekend but I lost motivation to do detail stuff and clean it up. I know visuals isn't a prime concern here but I had a clear idea and concept in mind, it didn't work out/felt frustrating to struggle with texture choice, and it'd nag at me if this map was fossilized in its unfinished state.

I might get back to it, but it's unlikely. Doing all the eyecandy last just doesn't work for me, seeing as it bores me fast it's much better to alternate with fun parts like gameplay than to do it all in one go. Plus, there's the issue of having gameplay and layout done right, and then having to move architecture to make it look right.

The temp link is a fine home for it. Beats the dozens of maps I've got sketched out of paper with no intention to actually make in DB2 because the idea is done and I've moved on, heh.

Working on coop starts and difficulties right now, but the map I submitted for the every DW mapper thing will be here. Is it still eligible?

TimeOfDeath said:

KSP.zip

That's an interesting design. You're like a doom scientist, constantly honing your craft to suite your unconventional doomgod autism almost to the point of alienating everyone else.

lols :P That map's not too hardcore though, you know that. Can you guess what KSP stands for? Each letter stands for a thing that the automap looks like.

Spoiler

Kite Snail Plane

KSP max in 41:05

Okay, I did some editing to nailed3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hxumhpcc6zp0yl1

It should be devoid of zdoomism now. I`m having some trouble with prboom atm, so I can`t really test it fully with it :/

I added a few pounds of monsters and a fuckload of health and ammo (at the end). I have no idea if the fights are good or bad or whatever, but the map should be pretty easy once you know it (and it`s short).
In the final area it might be too much health and stuff, I dunno.

There is also an invul secret, but it might be redundant? Might be useful for speeding though.

Also, I considered scaling it 2x or 3x, lige gggmork suggested, but I ended up leaving it as is. I`m one of those (few? hehe) that like HR2 cramped hell.

I have no idea if this is worthy of SF2012 or not, I`ll let you Doom-masters decide.

LASTLY: it`s still kind of "up for grabs", meaning please make it better if you want to :D

edit: it`s still on map01, I have no idea how to get rid of that map26 that`s in there too

What is that noise... getting louder?

*aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa*

Suddenly, silence. And awe.

An old map I made several years ago. Touched it up a bit, here it is. See what you guys think.

Map 07, Boom.