Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ravick

About cyan in sprites

Hi,

I know that most people use Slade3 today (just saying it to avoid "use slade instead" :), but I use XWE when I want to load lots of sprites with cyan color as transparency, because it does convert cyan to transparent automatically.

Or, it did. It isn't doing it anymore. Maybe I have messed up with the configs, I dont know. I don't remember changing anything.

What could be wrong/how may I fix it?

Thanks in advanced.

Maybe your cyan isn't exactly cyan (RGB R:0 G: 255 B: 255 or #00FFFF).

It has to be precise, otherwise it wont be interpreted as transparent but as the closest color in the Doom palette (usually some miserable shade of gray or washed out blue).

Importing truecolor PNGs is also a crapshoot in that respect.

Ravick said:

"use slade instead"

:P

You can convert cyan to transparent with just one click.

The transparent color isn't actually cyan, but some other blue tint? Not a problem! Click on the preview source image, at a pixel of the offending color.

Wow! The transparent color automatically got updated and you can admire the proper transparency in the "converted graphic" preview!

And you can perform palette translations on the fly, as well.

So, use SLADE instead. :D

At this point, I think there should be a sticky in this thread that's named "USE SLADE INSTEAD OF XWE" with the post linking to SLADE's website.

Maes said:
Importing truecolor PNGs is also a crapshoot in that respect. [/B]

Hum... I'm pretty sure that the cyan is right. It's probably the PNG format that is messing it :(

Ok, gonna use Slade3 instead :p

:)

Also,

Gez said:

It looks better in Doom's palette, doesn't it? o.รต

Darkman 4 said:

At this point, I think there should be a sticky in this thread that's named "USE SLADE INSTEAD OF XWE" with the post linking to SLADE's website.

Except that the Linux support blows, and XWE works great in WINE.

I'm going to call FUD on account of Slayer using Linux to do half the development.

By the way...

How do I load lots of entries in Slade3 at once? I mean, not from other wad/pk3, but from hardisk.