Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solarexistence

Doom music remixes in progress

Hmm. Sorry, but I don't care for these at all, from the songs you've uploaded so far. The guitar is alright, but there are a lot of generic-sounding sawtooth synths, and many of the other sequenced instruments are very stiff and unconvincing.

I've been following you for a bit and I await what you have in store.

WOW. The linked track (The Demon's Dead) seriously blew me away, and I've only ever had a few Doom remixes do that to me.

Love the piano, don't like the synth you chose for 0:11 (like esselfortium, this sounds unconvincing), but the rest is fantastic. Really like how you've combined the guitar and drums together with the high-pitched synth. Gives the track an awesome rocking feel, but at the same time injects an unmistakeable retro game-like flavour.

@esselfortium Well, How do you want it sound? Give some pointers man. Thank you for your honesty though, some of the sequenced stuff sounds a bit stiff but I'm working on it. Please suggest what you would like to hear?

I downloaded the tracks you made so far, and they sound very good. Overall powerful and excellent, I would definitely want to hear more. Perhaps the only main thing that could be improved is the length of the tracks, maybe they could be a little longer with more varying instruments (e.g. the original Sandy's City had harpsichord, then pizzicato, and then marimba)...something like that.

The Demon's Dead; you made it sound like something I'd play for the scrolling end credits of an 80's horror flick.

All in all, it's a beautiful rendition.