Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Survive In Hell demos [-complevel 9]

MAP27 UV-Max in 7:58

This is my favorite (and I believe the hardest) level in this wad. Feels really great to get sub-8, even though this is a first exit.
It should be a great watch, especially for the huge slaughter combined with an AV jump in order to get the BFG faster.

si27-758.zip

dannebubinga said:

You can just sr50 to the platform that holds the BFG as well :)

Map 27 uv-speed in 0:27

Oh! Maybe I should have studied the map a little more. :)
That first exit is pretty reckless but not that bad quality wise.

Also, jongo has made MAP27 UV-Speed in 0:08 already.

1ntru said:

jongo has made MAP27 UV-Speed in 0:08 already.

I know. I just wanted to show you the trick and felt that I might as well share it

Map 31 UV-Max in 4:51

Ending sucked (Oh yes I'm gonna run for the secret exit when the normal exit is like 2 seconds away), but I got 150% secrets. That has to count for something.

si31-451.zip

Anima Zero said:

Ending sucked (Oh yes I'm gonna run for the secret exit when the normal exit is like 2 seconds away), but I got 150% secrets. That has to count for something.

Hehe yeah. -2 seconds as a 150% secret bonus

Map 13 UV-Max in 3:20
Map 14 UV-Max in 3:28
Map 15 UV-Max in 5:43

Messed up a bit on 13 (Probably should have watched jongo's UV-Speed so I could realize I didn't need that av jump to the YSK) and also embarrassed myself on the final cybie in 15. I took that rocket like a man...while sitting there trying to wait for it to attack so I could go for a 2-3 shot BFG kill, heh.

sihdemos2.zip

dannebubinga said:

*sigh* I just noticed cannonball had already maxed map02 with the same time. I didn't see it while scrolling through the thread.

Jongo did it in 2:46, he said that 2:45 could be possible with perfect movement, pretty much the important parts of the demo are hitting the switch as soon as possible and timing the exit onto the teleporter. I suck at both of those things.

Timing the exit onto the teleporter is trivial. If you stand close to it, holding "straferun forward" constantly, you'll exit in the perfect time. Simple running forward (instead of straferunning) would cost you exactly 1 extra tic.

I wonder if you can save some time by rocketjumping to the exit from the BFG secret. Without it I can't get faster than 2:46.20.

MAP22 UV-Speed in 0:26

Speedaholics are going to love this! Incredibly luck based, this demo took me a lot of attempts. Still, it was very fun to get.

si22-026.zip

MAP22 UV-Max in 7:31

Not as close as fun as the UV-Speed. All weapons are heavily guarded, so the time here can't be pushed much further. Unfortunately, it is not possible to backtrack if you use the AV jump in order to get the BFG faster.

si22-731.zip

MAP26 UV-Max in 3:28

HA! Finally found the solution for this level! Just rocket the Avs from that mid-platform, and the rest of the level will be pretty easy. A hidden Cacodemon made me lose a lot of seconds but still, this is a really good time.

Slaughter going on again!

si26-328.zip

MAP06 UV-Max in 3:04

I'm not sure if that would be humanly possible, but luring Cybie against the small monster horde would save a few worthy seconds. That would require an incredible amount of luck though, with those 3 Arch-viles targeting you. This is a nice time, still.

si06-304.zip