Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Porsche Monty

i_videodriverid broken in r1929

I'm using the build from drdteam on WinXP Pro SP3 and "i_videodriverid 1" just doesn't want to stick, always defaulting back to "0" no matter what. The CMD outputs "Using video driver: SDL Software" as I close eternity, and it's pretty evident the OpenGL backend isn't being used since vsync doesn't work and I get tearing.

No problems with the latest official, stable release, though.

Regards.

Porsche Monty said:

I'm guessing I need to contact whoever's building Eternity to ask for this feature to be enabled?

Yes, if you want it in the SVN builds found at DRD Team's site. Otherwise you need to request a custom SVN build from me :P

Quasar said:

That would suggest that it wasn't built with OpenGL enabled >_>

What is needed to enable OpenGL then?

Gez said:

What is needed to enable OpenGL then?

You will need to define EE_FEATURE_OPENGL in the project options. I believe that's all, but if it doesn't work after doing that, let me know. There may be one additional thing to tweak...

Weird, I'm getting this error now:

1>.\source\a_small.cpp(279) : error C2039: 'CacheLumpNum' : is not a member of 'WadDirectory'
Maybe I need to define EE_NO_SMALL_SUPPORT as well?

In the meantime, I've replaced it with cacheLumpNum to get it to compile, but I don't like making changes to the code, even trivial ones like that, since DRD Team builds are kinda supposed to be as-is. (Though I suppose you could say that purpose was defeated from the start by using a custom VC++2005 project file instead of the official VC++ 2008 file.)

Well, I just tried the latest svn build from drdteam and OpenGL's working just fine, so thank you Gez and thank you Quasar, this made my day.

On a sidenote, is it normal for the Window's cursor to show up when Eternity's menu is on? because that's exactly what I'm seeing here, though that happened before OpenGL was enabled.

Regards.

Gez said:

Weird, I'm getting this error now:

1>.\source\a_small.cpp(279) : error C2039: 'CacheLumpNum' : is not a member of 'WadDirectory'
Maybe I need to define EE_NO_SMALL_SUPPORT as well?

In the meantime, I've replaced it with cacheLumpNum to get it to compile, but I don't like making changes to the code, even trivial ones like that, since DRD Team builds are kinda supposed to be as-is. (Though I suppose you could say that purpose was defeated from the start by using a custom VC++2005 project file instead of the official VC++ 2008 file.)

Somehow EE_NO_SMALL_SUPPORT has been enabled in the project I've been using and so that code hasn't been compiled for a long time now. I have no idea how this happened and AFAIK it was not intentional.

So Small support is effectively dead? Shouldn't the link towards it from the wiki homepage be deleted? I cannot delete it.

Since nobody has complained about the lack of Small in official builds in all this time, I guess that means the deprecation went without a hitch.

(It helps that the only map I can think of that had scripts for Eternity was DSV4: Revolution, which used FraggleScript.)

I know the deprecation might have gone without a hitch, but it's beyond my powers to edit the start page.

printz said:

I know the deprecation might have gone without a hitch, but it's beyond my powers to edit the start page.

Note I said it was *unintentionally* disabled. I don't know how long it's been that way, and if it was that way in the prior release or not.

The only thing I can think of is that I enabled the define in the project to make sure that EE compiled properly with EE_NO_SMALL_SUPPORT defined, which I do remember having some problems with previously, and then forgot to remove the define again.

However I do have to wonder if it's not time to just declare it obsolete rather than simply deprecated, with ACS support improving and Aeon just over the dim horizon.