Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i would like doomworld to host a project that i am currently working on, but i seem to have misplaced the "get hosted" link. can anyone help me out?

Why not just send an email asking about it? What with the change around and all, I haven't a clue where the hosting links has gone to...

Hey'a,

If for some reason you unfortunately don't make it in any of the big three Doom sites, i.e. Doomworld, NewDoom, and DoomCenter, contact me about hosting at R! World, http://www.myrworld.com This feature isn't here yet, but it will be in the coming months, and it would be nice to have some hosted projects at R! World.

RCM

I don't know if this problem is fixed yet, but I heard because of some error it's not possible for dw to host any more sites right now. I heard this a long time ago so it might be fixed, then again doomcenter has had a similar problem for the passed few months! As for newdoom.com, why?

You could be lazy like me and use Tripod, which does everything for you...

Archvile64 said:

You could be lazy like me and use Tripod, which does everything for you...

Yeah, you don't even have to fuck up something, Tripod does that for you. Free hosters suck

boris said:

Yeah, you don't even have to fuck up something, Tripod does that for you. Free hosters suck

Better than fucking up a million things, which I would definately end up doing myself, beyond a doubt. I really don't mind Tripod all that much, it can be a pain sometimes but it's not incredibly terribly awful.

Plus I don't know HTML :P

I've made a forum for my class (coded in ASP) and the hosting site is free and quite good. Perhaps the most important thing is that there are NO ads.
The speed is also excellent. The other day I downloaded a file from the page at 25k a sec, which is incredible 'cos I'm on a 56k modem.
The bad news is that they only give you 30 megs of space.

I'm thinking about moving my Robotech TC site to this server because the one I have it on now is pretty crap! The main advantage is that they give you unlimited space.

wait your school is hosting it, or is a hosting service. If it's a hosting service give us the URL, I'm sure a lot of us would like it.

Sorry! Reading my post later, I realised that it was as clear as treacle!

Where I have my TC is http://www.galeon.com,and it's all in spanish :-(
They give you unlimited space but it's as slow as hell. You can use FTP to upload your files. The individual file size is limited to 1.5 Mb. They fill your pages with ads.

Where I have the Forum and web page is http://www.Brinkster.com They allow you to use ASP and you're limited to 30 Mb. It's damn fast for a free server, but you don't have FTP uploading, and you're limited to 1 Mb for individual files. They don't put ANY ads on your page.

Galeon is cool because it's unlimited and has FTP, but it's too slow and they've loads of ads and popups and crap.
Brinkster is better IMO because there are no ads, and it's damn fast, but the lack of FTP is a real pain.

Hope that clears things up a bit! :-)

Brinkster... I had those mofo's, they won't allow linking of any file unless it's from the page you have up there. It pisses me off when people do that.