Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zombsk98

Doom Music Compilation

Well this is about some of the Doom Music that you find in game and I had come up with a compilation of what I think are the best songs on Doom. No songs are from Doom 1 or 2. All the songs so far are from multiple different maps. As it is hard to find the original creators for these songs, there is no list of who made them. If you do know who made them please contact me and I add their name to the list in the .zip file when fully completed. A link to a taster (Maps (Yeah maps is what I call 'track' for this sort of thing) 01 - 14. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f82rgw

zombsk98 said:

a compilation of what I think are the best songs on Doom. No songs are from Doom 1 or 2. All the songs so far are from multiple different maps.

What?

Well basically, the songs from doom are not from the ORIGINAL doom 1 or 2, they are from maps that other people have made with that Music that use the doom 2 or 1 engine, but have different music to the original. Does that help?

You sure there aren't any Doom music worth using for your compilation? D_E1M1, D_E1M5, D_E3M1, D_STALKS, D_THE_DA, D_SHAWN, D_DDTBLU, D_DEAD, D_TENSE?

40oz said:

D_STALKS, D_THE_DA, D_SHAWN, D_DDTBLU, D_DEAD, D_TENSE?

Could you tell me where I could find these songs? ^^^^^^^^^ I could upload the E1M1 E1M5 and E3M1 aswell in a pack that I have with all the original Doom 1 and 2 songs.

zombsk98 said:

Well this is about some of the Doom Music that you find in game and I had come up with a compilation of what I think are the best songs on Doom. No songs are from Doom 1 or 2. All the songs so far are from multiple different maps. As it is hard to find the original creators for these songs, there is no list of who made them. If you do know who made them please contact me and I add their name to the list in the .zip file when fully completed. A link to a taster (Maps (Yeah maps is what I call 'track' for this sort of thing) 01 - 14. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f82rgw

zombsk98 said:

Well basically, the songs from doom are not from the ORIGINAL doom 1 or 2, they are from maps that other people have made with that Music that use the doom 2 or 1 engine, but have different music to the original. Does that help?

zombsk98 said:

Could you tell me where I could find these songs? ^^^^^^^^^ I could upload the E1M1 E1M5 and E3M1 aswell in a pack that I have with all the original Doom 1 and 2 songs.

Now your posts are here forever.

Really though, I could see potential use for this if one is looking for custom music. However you would need to list where you got all the songs from.

I don't see what's hard to get about this thread - guy makes PWAD music compilation. Too many people being purposefully obtuse over terminology (non-)issues.

Gez said:

Get this. :)

This is actually quite neat. It's a bit of a shame I don't use zDoom other than when I'm playing zDoom wads, as using it to play classic wads that all use D_RUNNIN would be useful.

walter: lol I guess White Reflection is here because it was used in the wad Invasion UAC.

yeah, i guess it too...

anyway, also OP says this actually...

EDIT: oh look, MAP08 is a remix of d_romero (and this song it was also a remake of "This Love" by pantera), and MAP09 is a sort of rearrange of some heretic music (at least it reminded it that)

77.9 Megabytes? o_O

[EDIT] These appear to be .mp3 renderings of various midis, using the default Windows GM synth (and with weird clipping issues too). The songs are, as some have pointed out, from various PWADs, though no indication of such was is made in the set itself and some songs originated from games other than Doom.

The original midis probably would have worked better for such a set, especially given that now we don't know the source material unless we've already played it. I notice some STRAIN and Icarus pieces, one from Final Doom, the aforementioned Descent tune, and some stuff I know I've heard in various wads but can't place.