doomero-21

The mercenaries doom: demo released.

video trailer

download link:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2705004763/mercenaries%20doom.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/?ci9m9y5icnm5uh6

Description :

The mercenaries is a mod for doom and use some of the characters from Resident Evil 4 the mercenaries:

LEON KENNEDY:

KNIFE, PUNISHER, SHOTGUN, CHICAGO, HAND CANNON, GRENADE AND FLASHBANG.

HUNK:

BLACKTAIL, RIOTGUN, TMP, PRL412, GRENADES AND FLASHBANG

JACK KRAUSER:

KNIFE, HANDGUN, STRIKER, TIMP, BOW, GRENADE AND FLASHBANG

Melee system :

This mod, you can use special moves (melees) for each character, is important to know this:

Fo activate a melee appear a image on the screen:

PF and the action; for example: PF NECKBREAKER V KICK

PF= PRIMARY FIRE
V= button V for default is the key of the melee 2 (kicks)

you need to press fire button for activate the neckbreaker (only for hunk) or
you need to press the V button for activate the kick.

Krauser arm:

Krauser can use his arm with a special key, go to options/controls and configure, appear at the end; is called "krauser arm"

Knife:

The button fo use the knife is the RUN button

AIM:

For aim press the secundary fire button.

Run:

Press the primary fire button

Turn 180 º:

Press at the same time: back + primary fire

DODGE:

some time you can evade attacks, for that press STRAFE LEFT+ STRAFE RIGHT at the same time, this only works when appear the alert message from the screen (except nightmare skill, not appear the image but you still use dodge)

JUMP:

This was added a last hour, exist 2 diferents jumps:

Normal: pressing the jump button.
Super: pressing the B button (default). This super jump only can be used 3 times per map so be carefull, press it only at necesary moments.

Skills :

The mod use 3 diferent skills

Normal: 1st time in Raccoon City, this skill is the most easy, with a damage factor of 1.2
Hard: Man, this never ends, for veterans and is very dificult, the damage factor is 2.0
Very Hard: Death cannot die, for sick people, the damage factor is 8.0

How to play:

Extract the files and put all into your doom foldier and later execute (is very necesary) the MS-DOS files:

MS-DOS called "play with music (zdoom)" this is for zdoom and execute the wads: hunk3.wad + recodes.wad and withmusic.wad. This is for play with the music of the character selected.

MS-DOS called "play with music (gzdoom)" same, but for gzdoom

MS-DOS called "play without music (zdoom)" this is for zdoom and execute the wads: hunk3.wad + recodes.wad. This is for play without the music of the character selected.

MS-DOS called "play without music (gzdoom) same, but for gzdoom

Play with another mods:

Recomended vanilla wads, for play this mod with another wad, for example memento mori (mm.WAD), you need edit the ms-dos files:

Click with the right mouse and edit the file, the order need to be this:

(g)zdoom.exe "your pwad name" (without the " ") hunk3.wad recodes.wad
(g)zdoom.exe mm.WAD hunk3.wad recodes.wad

Copyright / Permissions

Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for modification or
reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original authors for any of
their resources modified or included in this file.

You MAY distribute this file, provided you include this text file, with no
modifications. You may distribute this file in any electronic format (BBS,
Diskette, CD, etc) as long as you include this file intact. I have
received permission from the original authors of any modified or included
content in this file to allow further distribution.

Credits, influences and special thanks:

Resident Evil 3 and 4 by Capcom.
CSB200 by Doomero.
WW-DIAZ mod by wildweasel.
UTNT mod by tormentor667.
Ultimate Super Doom 3 mod by Doomero.
Super Doom 3 take II by DBThanatos

DOOMERO AKA REDIELD21. //ACS,DECORATE,RIPS
ROACK16. //ACS.
DARKLEFAUX AKA SPTX// for support me lot of times with the sounds, ideas and sprites.
ENJAY // for help me with FSGLOBAL
Blue SHADOW // for help me to solve the problem of the player class screen, the inverse map when the char enter to danger state and the use of the property PROP_BUDDHA.
FIRELORD // principalmente ideas, me sirvio tu wea de idea sobre la munición en los mapas.
KURAMA HIWA DAISUKE // por tener tanta paciencia esperando el mod y sobre todo aportando con ideas.
DOOMEROS INC // to all the comunity of this facebook group.
DBTHANATOS AND AEOD TEAM// decorates from take II and some visuals (blood and smoke).

Music from mercenaries: Composer(s): Shusaku Uchiyama, Misao Senbongi.

Thanks for all,maybe this demo have bugs, but not exist the perfect mod i hope you enjoy this, is a placer modding in doom and you guys are my inspiration following all my videos.

edit: is not compatible gzdoom 1.5.6 for that try with svn

That neck breaking is pretty neat. :)

Have you considered using a modified chasecam script instead of first person? It looks really awkward using a third person view with a first person camera.

Sodaholic said:

That neck breaking is pretty neat. :)

Have you considered using a modified chasecam script instead of first person? It looks really awkward using a third person view with a first person camera.

not so awkward, i disabled the free look when hunk run/walk/iddle only aiming and shooting you can use free look or the other thing is decrece the normal zooming.

hardcore_gamer said:

Does he only have 1 weapon?

for the moment yes, but il will add more later.

here another progress, i added angles for the neck breaker is much better =)

Haha, this is pretty fucking awesome. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

This is great, i loved the third person perspective. The only thing I would suggest was making the neck breaking movement a bit faster and maybe the sound louder.

the goal kick, only is activated when a big monster ( demon, baron of hell, mancubus, etc) have almost 30% of his total health, for example baron of hell have 1000 of health, if you damage him with ammount of 700 or more, and you can close to him and execute the goal kick with a 100% of kill, the video only show the goal kic for any moment ( is only for show how looks ).

pretty neat effects you got here. The neck snapping and the kicking made me laugh. The 2 things that concern me here are if the neck snapping/kicking will be game breaking and the 3rd person view looks really wonky.

Other than that I gotta say you have done a great job with this.

Wow, that's really cool! Keep up the good work.

new melee system, the neck breaker or goal kick is only activated if the monster enter to a special pain state ans this is only true for a specific ammoun of health, example:

imp, have 60 of health, if you damage him , almost a ammount of 40 or less of health the special pain is activated (painchance of this is 256), for demon, 150 of health, ammount of 80 or less activate the goal kick, fpr baron of healh have 1000 of health, ammount of 100 or less activate the goal kick.

This is so cool. Along with Mortal Kombat, you have to be one of my favorite Doom modders of all time. Please release this stuff!

doomero-21 said:

new melee system, the neck breaker or goal kick is only activated if the monster enter to a special pain state ans this is only true for a specific ammoun of health, example:

Should be able to break a surprised enemy's neck (when in spawn state rather than see state). It makes more sense as a stealth kill than a finisher.

Gez said:

Should be able to break a surprised enemy's neck (when in spawn state rather than see state). It makes more sense as a stealth kill than a finisher.

actualy Gez that was implented =) but the video not show that.

edited:

new system, only for imps, zombies, shotgun guys and chaingunners,except for the chaingunner shooting on the head will activate the neckbreaker, for chaingunner will be activated the goal kick.

the video show the new sprites and a new sistem of running: well exist 2, normal and the fast running. the fast running only works when hunk have almost >30% of health (also for this special running is necesary add later the run bar, becuase not always will be activated), this system use a diferent a_zoomfactor and player view height from the original using inventory powermorph(thanks to Enjay for the idea.

I got to be honest here it looks cool to the point of a novelty add-on beyond that I play Doom to play Doom the game play of this MOD just looks so lame and cheesy and non-doom like I'll have to say this again MODS are a dime a dozen but a good map is worth a dollar.