Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

That's why I wanted to use UDMF, but I tried to convert a few of the maps over, and ended up with doors not working, multiplayer weapons available in normal game, and other weird stuff.

That was Doom format straight to UDMF, I haven't tried converting the current Hex format over to UDMF. Ill give it a go and see what happens.

just extracted all the sounds from psx final doom iso. download!
http://www.mediafire.com/?e6i98794i6w1b9b
(!!!dsnokey not included!!!)
dssecret shortened to 1/11025 second silence (minimal possible length)

here are your mistakes:
dsposit1 must be dsposit2 =>FIXED in the archive
dsposit2 must be dsposit1 =>FIXED in the archive
cyberdemon must have 2 walk sound states - "metal" hoof and "normal" hoof.
"normal" hoof is played right after "awakening" cyberdemon, but his normal walking must sound as it does now (but reproducted using hoof and hoof2 separately!)
dsmetal - for spider mastermind
DSHOOF and DSHOOF2 - for cyberdemon (in the archive)
(dshoof = normal, dshoof2 = metal hoof)
dsskldth (sounding like dsoof/dsnoway included, just to replace every sound)

please make separate "hoof" states for cyberdemon, if possible

(like so: A_PlaySound ("DSHOOF") for one step
A_PlaySound ("DSHOOF2") for another)

because the idea of mixing hoof with "hoof2" isn't very good idea if you'd like to have the exact copy

one more "reason" for replacing the sounds is simple - mine are few kb less in size, but 100% original, and so on. besides, unused dsposit3 and dspodth3 are included

I fixed the cyber!
here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4wd6tj6bx2ffdal
(sndinfo+decorate (actors/monsters)
!!!ATTENTION!!! unzip at least dshoof and dshoof2 from the sound pack I provided above

p.s. not sure about the duration of A_PlaySound, I set it to 4 (just like A_Hoof's)
Check if it's correct ant similar to PSX!seems very similar, forget it[/s]

btw, I tried converting PSX doom palette snapshot to doom palette, but it looked shitty, so nevermind

and again wrong sector color - on map01 :-D
blue key square must be blue...i think

Its a bit on the dark side but it is the right color.

map1 or map61 in the main TC, sector 178 (Blue key square) is color 235 according to color lighting txt file created by the map converter fpsxmapconv.

and what's this "again wrong color" patter all about, you only pointed 3 sectors out in the hole game that had the wrong color.

Coincidentally, map 41 exit leads to the end screen.

All other exits from map 01-90 work as intended.

"copyrights" graphic has overlapping letters and spelling mistakes ("WILLIAMS(R) IS A REGISTERED TRADRMARK")

Besides, it looks different (hyphens are in different places)
dunno if it's because of pal\ntsc differences, but here's my graphic:
(don't use it in game, it's just reference screenshot)

(actual psx screenshot)

btw, check the edges of the "holes" of the doom intro graphic. some of them are semi-transperent, but there must be only 100% transperent and 100% opaque pixels.

The TC is indeed using the same "copyrights" image as the PAL version, but that "TRADRMARK" error is a new typo that wasn't present in the official game.

What ever happened to Mattfrie1? Even though he started this thread, I haven't seen him post here for quite some time now.

Avoozl said:

What ever happened to Mattfrie1? Even though he started this thread, I haven't seen him post here for quite some time now.

I'm right here. :)

I tend to lurk more than I post, but I'm extremely pleased with all of the progress that has been made on this project.

ScottGray,
These ones appear to be correct, though I'm not sure about the shape of the holes (I think that all "edges" must be rounded, not only 2 opposite ones)
Personally, I prefer NTSC over PAL for some reasons but it doesn't really matter now.

What prevents from using both PAL and NTSC screens in a rotation?

ok Iv rounded all the edges and it looks no bad in the game.

If you have a look at the PSX Emu screen grab the bottom left corners do not look very round.

The copyright screen is only displayed once when the game starts, I do not know how to get it to rotate between different copyright screens ever time you start the game.

ScottGray sorry, you were right, I didn't notice. Include the previous pic then.
The reason of using NTSC version is at least the fact that the PAL version came after NTSC one.

Idea: as you remember, PSX Final Doom has separate graphic for the menu background (similar to doom2' interpic, but more "pink") and options' background (tiled image: (cut from emu screenshot)
why don't make this graphic console'background? (must extract it from the psx doom first)

can "licensed by SCEA" and "williams video" intro parts be included?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6839

lafoxxx said:

can "licensed by SCEA" and "williams video" intro parts be included?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6839

IIRC, this feature was disabled, since it was never really used and it only ever worked on Windows (no support for it in DOS or Linux version back then; no support for it in Linux or MacOS versions now).

That's a cool Idea lafoxxx, I put that into the console background, and am cool with the SCEA logo. The ntsc copyrights are in also.

Iv updated the main download, but here are just the changes, unzip it into the PSXFINALDOOM.pk3
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mfpa8t10p6po67f

I had no idea zdoom could play video, I wonder if there is a way to enabled it? It says on zdoom wiki that it will just return MOVIE_Failed. It would be cool to have it in there.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/PlayMovie

ScottGray, looks cool! don't forget [LOADING] and [PAUSE] gfx also (as STBAR, they're different from '95 PSX DOOM)

Do you still need psxmus01-20 recorded directly from the emu? Since I don't see any serious reasons for replacing existing ones (from PSX DOOM TC), I'll only be able to record them if you really need them, because it's kinda hard for me to find time for this right now.

Here is the Williams intro for final doom, its animated by GZdoom, its not a movie file, so all the non windows users should be fine.

If your all happy with it, ill merge it with the main downloads. Its quite large at 15Mb

unzip all the contents into your GZdoom directory
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?28bkw761qq186en

only uses this one with the final doom tc, not the main tc.

Even though I never played Doom on the PSX, so I couldn't say how faithful this is - but still, I gotta say, this is some real nice work.

Here is the Williams intro for final doom

Better than I imagined)
But the intro has wrong sequence
Must be like this:
Licensed by SCEA
Williams
FINAL DOOMTM copyrights

[LOADING]
"Final Doom" intro

Please merge it all in the main pk3, if possible

ScottGray said:

Here is the Williams intro for final doom, its animated by GZdoom, its not a movie file, so all the non windows users should be fine.

Why didn't I think of this? Looks great!

Really great work on getting the video imported Scottgray, just checked and lafoxxx is right about the order that it's played but it's not a massive issue, would definitely like to see this imported into both the main downloads.

Out of interest how feasible would it be to as well as include the Williams logo video, to also include the Playstation Bootup video?

A quick low res example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV2xx-d5ZwI

ScottGray said:

Damn this is pretty cool, never seen anyone do this type of thing before, great job.