Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

dutch devil said:

This room took me quite some time to create. Not sure if I should add some sky windows in the center to brighten this area up a bit. Its very detailed, adding sky windows might be challenging.
[IMAGE]
Edit: Much better.
[IMAGE]

Those are some tasty looking shots there, dutch devil.

dutch devil said:

This room took me quite some time to create. Not sure if I should add some sky windows in the center to brighten this area up a bit. Its very detailed, adding sky windows might be challenging.

I think it looks good without the window. The window breaks the sense of space, IMO.

Here's a map-shot of a WIP; the yellow highlights the finished area, the part north-east of that is of the previous version of the same map, and the rest are undecided drafts

http://i.imgur.com/9Gzna.jpg

There's no real purpose to this screenshot

gemini09 said:

I think it looks good without the window. The window breaks the sense of space, IMO.

Meh I'll keep the window in, I like it better that way. I allready wasted too much time on that single room, wanna make some progress fast.

@Dutch
Visually I prefer the window. That orange sky really adds some interesting contrast.

esselfortium said:

The architecture looks lovely, but the overly plain darken2 walls don't really do it any favors.

make me a better white wall texture bossman

Cool shots Tango, the after shots look better. I like the detail you added on the top side of that structure. The gray texture I'm not so sure of, seems more fitting for inside areas.

Tango said:

Looks great, I love bright and sunny maps and I don't think I've seen a software compatible blue daytime sky that looks as nice as that one does before.

I'm also not too crazy about the gray texture either, but an even worse offender IMO is the patchy grass flat. The repetition in such a large area really doesn't do it any favors.

dutch devil said:

Trying to create rock formations, always a pain to create for me. This is probably the best I can do. Bleh bleh bleh, I'll keep trying.

Adding lighting variation can help too, like making the rocky sectors darker the farther out they are.

dutch devil said:

http://i49.tinypic.com/51d30j.png
Edit: Much better.
http://i47.tinypic.com/29px275.png

That is beautiful, Dutch Devil. For some reason, I'm kind of reminded of Doom 64.

I can't believe some of the talent on display in this thread.

@ schwerpunk:

Don't quote images [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ].
__

In fact, I have to compare the architecture to Quake 2, and even more with with the roof window. I believe Quake 2 was quite proud of using windows to outer areas without too much fps penalty.

The texturing is even more detailed than the original Quake 2, rather like the extension "Pax Imperia" (gosh, I loved the monster masses there).

Makes me yearn for the classic purple quake sky though :D

@dutchdevil: Those recent shots are quality, not surprising coming from you. (:

lupinx-Kassman: Is that from Back to Saturn X? If no, did esselfortium let you use his textures? Back to Saturn X is for vDoom. Can it handle those images?

printz said:

lupinx-Kassman: Is that from Back to Saturn X? If no, did esselfortium let you use his textures? Back to Saturn X is for vDoom. Can it handle those images?

It is for btsx. They all were at one time, but currently only the first shot is from a map I consider feasible. The shawn tower in two of the shots couldn't really be handled in vanilla as you said, and the solution would have required me to use a different concept for the map than I wanted, so I scrapped it. The others I scrapped because I just wasn't feeling the theme.

Marnetmar said:

That last one looks badass, why was it abandoned?

Towers and vanilla just tend to disagree. Vanilla doom could handle this structure, but it didn't really come out the way I intended.

Thanks guys.

@Lupinx-Kassman awsome shots you have there. Thats for Back to Saturn X right. Vanilla Doom mapping is quite challenging, but also good fun. Cool status bar too.

lupinx-Kassman: Wow, I love third and fifth shot. I've never even though that Back so Saturn X uses these beutiful textures

@lupinx-Kassman: Nice, vibrant work! Amazing use of colour. Very inspiring.

LigH said:

@ schwerpunk:[/B]

Don't quote images [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ].

Thanks for the friendly reminder. Noob mistake on my part. >_<

A few images of my recent progress on my megawad:
MAP22:

MAP23:

Skulls pave his path... ;)

Nice atmosphere. The sky is especially eyecatching.

More CTF stuff. Not all of it is finished yet.

Nice.

If you lower unpeg the stone stairs in the first shot, you shouldn't get the same 16-unit chunk repeating on every one of them.