Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

Love it! Looks amazing :)

Does this texture need to tile though? Im just thinking the pipes at the bottom right you can see they end, if they went off the images and came in from the top, it would tile. Im sure if thats the case im just talking silly as it would have been thought about already.

Anyway, keep up the amazing work.

DooM_RO said:

Once you finish the textures could you make some color variations for mods?I'd really like to see a grey version of it.

This is no problem, but first I want to finish the texture and make some realistic render. If the end result will be good then I'm return to work on startan textures and others.

Here is quick shot from game:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm play with colors and this is comparison of both textures (original and my) in 128x128. Of course hires texture look strange in full resolution with this colors.

I must say - you've taken on probably the most complicated of doom textures... and you did it perfectly.

Of course it stands out a little, because the rest of the textures look out of place compared to it, but Image how those shots would look like with all the textures redone!

Great job Reinchard!

Yeah I have to say, it looks pretty fantastic up on the wall, and I'm the last person to give two poops about high-res textures.

Awesome. When doing an a/b comparison with the original, the amount of care you've put into this really shows.

I think it can be made even better with a bit of modification to more closely match the brightness distribution of the original texture, and a bit of subtle texture overlaid on top to avoid the unnaturally solid-color look of the surfaces.

These are simply mindblowing, awesome work. First time I've seen a high res texture pack that actually looked good!

You know, the texture looks very good when you show it in 3D mode but I think they look kind of weird when applied to walls, I just don't know man...I think the stock textures in doom look good BECAUSE they are 2D.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I love your textures but I think you will have to make sure they will actually fit.

Oh yeah, one more thing, could these textures be used in Doom 3 as well?I imagine using it as a 3D texture would be no problem in that game!The same could be for all other textures as well.

Reinchard666 said:

This is no problem, but first I want to finish the texture and make some realistic render. If the end result will be good then I'm return to work on startan textures and others.

Here is quick shot from game:
(Image)

Would it be too much to ask that you tackle the rest of the textures in that scene, so see the bigger picture, as it were? Better to see them in proper context with each other than standalone.

Excellent work so far, by the way. Impressive stuff, much better than you started with the STAR** texturing.

Excellent base texture. Do you plan to texture the model or paint the surface details by hand on top of the render?

I agree with everybody who already said that this is awesome. Maybe it's a bit more trivial to you than it seems for us who aren't the ones doing it, but it does look like an incredible amount of work. With an amazing end result, too.
Speaking as somebody whose top achievements in 3ds max are a few barely passable low-poly props for serious sam and a few renders of grey featureless people illustrating something about intangible assets in a business.

Also! I would love to see this one rendered properly for use in Doom3, even though i don't map for it, just to see cool light effects with moving lamps and such, provided you figure out how to do bump maps or whatever doom3 has. Just for a short youtube video of this texture used on a wall with fireballs flying past it and a lamp swinging above. In my head, it is BEAUTIFUUUUL. 8-0

I also just realized that i absolutely can't wait to see you tackle some other textures, like pipe2, vines, sp_rock, sp_face, the skull ones, the tentacle and spine ones, all those flesh ones even, marbfaces, fire, and various other computer textures. Oh boy. Did you think about those at all? I could see some of those being much worse than tekwall.

I'm doing the same thing for a bunch of our Ascension textures and I thought walls like the pipe textures were actually quite simple. In my opinion he just tackled the most complicated texture in Doom.

Oh, the pipes i was just interested in how they would look after a full 3d render treatment. And also i'm thinking of doom3 dynamic bump map goodness for every one of the textures so maybe that makes them a bit more awesome just in my head.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!Can you also make a gray version? Also, have you thought about porting these to Doom 3 as well? It would very well be possible to render them in 3D in Doom 3!

The red wire looks out of place, maybe put some metallic pieces over it?

I just thought about something. This texture is commonly found near computers and other techy stuff but your version looks more like pipes for fuel etc. Could you also make a slightly modified version that looks more suited for a computer lab? Also, when placing this texture, put it near computer textures to see whther it fits because that's where it's most commonly found.

I can't wait to see more textures from you!Which is the next one?

Looks better! Could you also give those lights an on/off animation?Would be pretty neat.

I see you use the exact textures as references in your 3D modeling program which gives me an idea. In order to make the textures blend seamlessly could you place two or more references at the same time or build each pipe texture side by side?That way you could ensure that they don't look weird when they are side by side in a map.

If you do decide to animate the lights, one suggestion I'd make is to create maybe three separate animated tiles, with different lights blinking at different intervals (e.g. TEKANIM1, TEKANIM2...). That way if you walk into a room with a lot of these animated tek walls they won't all be blinking in perfect sync. Unless the mapper is specifically going for that, of course.

This would actually be a neat, subtle way to indicate a secret panel as well... HMMM.

P.S. again, awesome work.

Man, how have I missed this thread? Awesome stuff.

Over the next few days I will put the final version of Tekwall4, but now I don't have time to play with animation. And here is some wip Stargr1. What do you guys think about panel shape?

THe one where we can see it in 3D Viewport was the best STAR texture(the one in the middle)

The shape of the four larger panels I feel should be a bit smoother. The smaller ones look great.

Nomad said:

The shape of the four larger panels I feel should be a bit smoother. The smaller ones look great.

The last STAR remake was the best I think.