Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Metroid! whee!

What gender did you think Samus Aran from metroid was? (at first)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What gender did you think Samus Aran from metroid was? (at first)

• Male
    • Female
    • Who the hell is Samus Aran?
    • What the fuck is Metroid?

Duh, we see her at the end of both nes and snes when she take off her suit. You had to write Justin Bailey (i think) to play with her in a kind of bikini on NES.

ahem. I know that. that's why i put down (at first) meaning, before you beat the goddamn game.

I knew Samus was a chick before I played the game. Thanks a helluva lot, Nintendo Power.

I thought samus was male at first actually. But that's because I never really got into the metroid games enough to find out. Why?

BECAUSE METROID GAMES ARE COMPLETE AND TOTAL ASS

I thought she was male for the first five minutes of playing it, then I said "he died" or something, and my cousin explained that Samus is a female.

I know Samus isn't a male, and I've never even played any of the damned games.

Liam the Bard said:

I thought samus was male at first actually. But that's because I never really got into the metroid games enough to find out. Why?

BECAUSE METROID GAMES ARE COMPLETE AND TOTAL ASS

You sir. should be eaten by a Metroid.

IMO, Super metroid is in the top 10 of best games ever. And I knew that Samus is a chick.

Erik said:

IMO, Super metroid is in the top 10 of best games ever.

GOOD GOD!

*deducts 1000 1337ness points from Erik

Metroid sucks. Megaman sucks. Mario sucks. STUPID CRAZY JAPANESE PLATFORMERS DIED A CENTURY AGO.

LET TEH FLAME BEGIN!

Zaldron said:

Metroid sucks. Megaman sucks. Mario sucks. STUPID CRAZY JAPANESE PLATFORMERS DIED A CENTURY AGO.

LET TEH FLAME BEGIN!

I hope the flamewar will start. You're on a forum based on an 8-year old game. Those games are probably better than doom if anything.

BTW, i put "male" at first because there was a lot of conflicting info on that on the original preview things. it said "he" in at least one ad before it came out.

Zaldron said:

/me starts Tubelectric.mp3

/me cries because he can't play jazz anymore bacause of XP.

I'd start a flamewar on drugs if that's what you really want, but then again I'd probably get banned by ling who already seems pretty pissed off with me.

Metroid and Megaman WERE awesome. Despite many of you PC geeks out there (and yes I am one) I still have my old NES console and a few games left... Megaman at least had a somewhat RPG-ish factor to it, mainly the fact that you could get different weapons for different uses... Anyone who says Megaman sucks and not having played EVERY SINGLE ONE HIM/HERSELF... Sucks! :P

And BTW, Ling = OMG CAMPING FAG?!

Ling made a daily award at op4-stats.net for most shotgun kills (I think?)

Might be someone else, but Half-Life does own!(SHUT UP LIAM!) Mwuahahahaha sorry Ling if I blew your cover, small world ain't it? :)

My DAILY awards recently:
Crowbar Maniac: 111 Kills with Crowbar
Hornetgun Master: 4 Kills with Hornetgun

KEKEKEKEKKEEKEKEKEKE ^__^

Astewart41 said:

Might be someone else, but Half-Life does own!(SHUT UP LIAM!)

Heh well the multiplayer scene is great, the single-player adventure needed some serious work though.

Zaldron said:

You just couldn't resist the temptation.

Hey I didn't say Xen was good or write a page long reply about what I would've done differently, gimme a break

Uh, I always thought Samus was a female. Why? Cause it said in the manual that she was. :~P
I remember playing NES Metroid eons ago when I was a wee lad. Then when I got older I played Super NES Metroid. Both were kick-arse, hella-fun games.

GS-1719 said:

Two things - 1. Metroid is a crap game
2. Samus IS a boys name

At last, someone sees the light!

If it weren't for Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger, I have total faith that Super Metroid would've been voted best Super NES game of all time. It's incredibly good. Go read a review on it or something, I'd bet anything I had that you won't find a negative review of the game anywhere on the net, save maybe these forums, which AREN'T published magazines or web editorials. Or, better yet, you could actually spend more than about 10 minutes on the game and actually PLAY IT for a change. Then maybe you could understand why the INCREDIBLE majority of SNES players think it's at least in the top 5 SNES games ever. And I'm not doing some kind of stupid "I'm smarter than you" flaming, I'm actually challenging you to do what I've suggested in this thread. Try it. You may actually prove yourself right. Of course that would put you in the extreme minority. Go. Try it.

darky47 said:

If it weren't for Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger, I have total faith that Super Metroid would've been voted best Super NES game of all time.

Pfft. EarthBound is better than Chrono Trigger, FFVI, or Super Metroid.

It's incredibly good. Go read a review on it or something, I'd bet anything I had that you won't find a negative review of the game anywhere on the net, save maybe these forums, which AREN'T published magazines or web editorials.

Wow! Amazing!

Or, better yet, you could actually spend more than about 10 minutes on the game and actually PLAY IT for a change. Then maybe you could understand why the INCREDIBLE majority of SNES players think it's at least in the top 5 SNES games ever.

I played it like almost the way through frad.

Of course that would put you in the extreme minority. Go. Try it.

Pff.