Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolution

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #47 - Requiem (Part I)

For this week's installment of TNS we have Requiem, a classic megawad made by several famous authors such as Adelusion, Iikka Keränen, Dario Casali, Adam Williamson, Adam Windsor and more, many of them known from their previous work on Memento Mori and Memento Mori 2. Requiem is well-known for introducing many special effects, such as faked 3D bridges, as well as for having some of the best Doom maps of its time. Coincidentally the wad was released pretty much exactly 15 years ago, on July 5, 1997.

• Maps: 01-16, 31
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 32/50
  • When: 20:00 BST (15:00 EDT) (Euro session) / 20:00 EDT (01:00 BST) (US session)
We are also pleased to announce that a Team Survival League is about to start. Read more information at the ZD Forums under the Leagues subforum, or at tsl.zdaemon.org. Get signed up already, guys! All players are welcome, we hope to see some Doomworlders getting involved.

I know I said I would stop using ZDaemon...

...but fuck it, Requiem is awesome. I'll play. :)

Memfis said:

Why?

I heard that pointless political banning was common, and I didn't feel comfortable using a port that like that. Looking back it seems like I was being overly sentimental (not sure if that's the right word).

Processingcontrol said:

I heard that pointless political banning was common, and I didn't feel comfortable using a port that like that. Looking back it seems like I was being overly sentimental (not sure if that's the right word).

Being principaled is cool, but If you wanna play Survival, play Survival. TNS is popular for a reason.

Hey guys, great seeing you at the sesh. Just to let you know that we enabled 2x monster damage and -fast for the pain rotation. Sorry it was later than expected, we need to share rcon a little more :)

Rock on!

Well, I had rcon, but I couldn't enable 2x and fast. I only had those commands:
puke
kick
players (or is it called playerlist?)
sv_nojump
sv_gravity
sv_aircontrol

That was pretty fun actually. I got in quite late, after -fast got enabled. Surprisingly only few guys were there for some reason (even Anima gone).