Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xepop

Doom 2 UV speed TAS movie wip: episodes 1-2

Sedlo said:

For all those who plan to make some nice new records, I wish U all g'luck and do not loose hope if things are not going eazy as u planned, if u set up your mind to do something, it is possible.

I'm definitely inspired!

Marijo,

I just stopped by to express my admiration for your speedruns of times past. Your speedruns, attitude and conduct have always been exemplary and served as an inspiration for me and many others. I was never that good at speedrunning but you reminded me of what was important: to have fun, to believe I could accomplish something I set out to do, and to feel a genuine satisfaction of what I accomplished, regardless of any absolute benchmark. Sometimes your lucky bird landed on my shoulder, too, and I was able to produce demos which surpassed my expectations. :-)

Cheers!

Also I want to thank you Seldo for making TAS demos such a phenomenon. You are a Doom Legend!

Yeah Sedlo you are a very inpirational player. your demos are fantastic so thank you for being awesome all of these years :) speedrunning is so much more than just a video game.

odysseyofnoises said:

speedrunning is so much more than just a video game.

Words of wisdom.

Sorry xepop, I'm such an asshole. I'm not a fan of "full build" demos, but your is FANTASTIC! Map 19 is great. I was thinking about this route for a long time. Map 13 looks badass. Good job! Can't wait for E3. Oh, and like entryway I didn't knew where is map 15's normal exit too.

Nope, being busy till next week. Will be finished at the end of month or early august.

This is simply amazing! Please don't give up on this run like I did on mine, I really want to see what sort of final time you can achieve :)

jongo said:

kimo_xvirus said:
The only built thing I've done since, was make a 52s continuation after Rambo's map12 rj run, I'm sure with your building skills you can make 51s. 33s on map12 will be hard though ;)

wow, you crushed kimo's expectations.

I had forgotten, my map13's run was actually 50 seconds :P

xepop said:

Nope, being busy till next week. Will be finished at the end of month or early august.

I think you might have to hurry to make it by "early" August :P

I'm still stuck on certain one map and it's giving me a hard time. Wasn't anticipating it :(

kimo_xvirus said:

Have we ever seen an instant guideless glide btw?

HELL YEAH, I just made it in plutonia map03 :p
PS: Please, don't upload this to DSDA cuz the time is horrible :)
(the demo is modified pl03x044 by Light_Speed aka odysseyofnoises)

flatface_instant_glide.zip

kimo_xvirus said:

Have we ever seen an instant guideless glide btw?

You can easily do it in skulltag. Watch my 1024clau map 01 demo, or try it on map 28 in TVR!.

Skulltag is zdoom-based. So, it's a different engine = different movement. In ZDoom engine you can get perfect angle (in Doom, even with angle 0 / 64 you will move to the left or to the right a bit). Also, will ZDoom have possibility of TAS recording? Would be nice, cuz some WADs like rjumpq can't be TASed... No jumping allowed in TAS sourceports :(

skulltag/zdoom is irrelevant, because it changes the way player direction is calculated and there's no angular imprecision to it.

EDIT: my speedtyping fu is not enough.