Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

A demopack of some sort?

I had an idea which might be of a little annoyance, but it would be really helpful - that is, if all willing-to-be-participants could list in one post all wads of personal interest sufficient for participating (stuff you'd be willing to record) that were mentioned in this thread or the old one, maybe even few additional ones on your mind that weren't mentioned. And also, as Grazza mentioned, you could also indicate how likely you'd be willing to record (e.g. 1 = might record if I see something that looks interesting; 2 = will definitely record a few demos; 3 = will record lots of demos). If wad of choice doesn't matter, write at least that it doesn't matter - it's also helpful info.

Ultimate Simplicity - 3
PC_CP - 2
MarsWar 3.01 - 2
Epic 2 - 2
MLM - 2
Jenesis - 1 (not too enthusiastic, but it's not a bad WAD in any way, I can try)
Batman - 3, but a patch which would make the kills % count would be necessary I think
Iditarod - 1, it's an oldie with not too many maps
TeuTIC - 1, 1995, it's cool, but it's UDoom and we had inf-lutz and DTWID, so maybe not now...
Armadosia - totally not interested, the best maps are done I think?
Zones of Fear - as above, not interested, looks like WOS gameplay to me without WOS awesome looks

Will definitely record at least one demo (and probably more if needed, let's say up to four demos), provided the wad runs on prboom. I don't care which wad.

I could provide a demo to pc_cp as I'm familiar with those maps the most. perhaps Jenesis as well. TBH, I'm a bit reluctant to actually participate in this in general, as I hardly even qualify as a good speedrunner, but I'd hate to see the demopack idea die out.

For me it doesn't matter which wad gets picked, as long as there's not too many demos already. I don't know those wads so I can't give them "1-3".

So far pccp seems to have the most upvotes. I don't really know that wad at all so I can't say a thing. It seems undemoed, there is diversity considering it's a community thing - something which I personally think Jenesis lacks and might cause watcher to get bored shut (sorry Jimmy). Many maps will be probably of below average quality so if it ends up chosen, it will be probably 'crap but fun' kind of demoing effort ... or just crap :P - as I said, my opinion is just based on stuff said in this thread - so, is there anyone who certainly knows that he/she gives a finger to pccp?

Snakes said:

...as I hardly even qualify as a good speedrunner...

Ain't it the truth!

j4rio said:

so, is there anyone who certainly knows that he/she gives a finger to pccp?

the middle finger, perhaps. :) nah, i'll probably find something to record on if we pick pc_cp, but don't expect me to max the TEETH homage map. :P

looked at the levels today, it looks ok a wide variety of levels good and bad, easy and slaughterish. I guess you will be claiming map32 J4rio :P it's an armouredblood slaughtermap.
I wouldn't mind trying a few demos for this wad.

cannonball said:

I guess you will be claiming map32 J4rio :P it's an armouredblood slaughtermap.

Neat, I didn't know that.

dew said:

the middle finger, perhaps. :)

That's what the idiom actually implies. :p

A'ight I'm counting on you guys. If there are peoples revolted by pccp, just post it here for general idea. It's a boom wad, so hopefully it won't scare off Mr.Paska and other dosbox gurus, if there are any. I can start pccp thread by tomorrows then.

I'm all fine with Pc_cp. I really think that all megawads should have at least one UV Max for each level, if possible. Having done essentially half of the levels for this WAD, I have more experience with it and shall be able to contribute. Map 38 should be pretty tough because of a glitch but I remember getting through the level in that one ZDaemon TNS.