• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Deus Vult II: First Edition Released

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2283702866_1a3898f390.jpg

The first edition is here:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15238

Update 1: Minor fixes to Map29 as suggested by Belial.

DVII-1u (2008-02-25)
Update 1: Map20's Thing 62 and 444 are no longer stuck together on skill 1/2.
Update 2: The entrance torches of Map20 now have the correct offset display.

DVII-1u (2008-02-24)
Update 1: Map19 has been restored to its original state to sync with Anima's and Belial's UV-Max demos.
Update 2: Updated DVII-1u textfile, with another subsection on author input.
Update 3: Map31 is now known as "The Manliest Fight EVER."
Update 4: DVII-1u.zip now comes bundled with entryway's latest PrBoom-Plus 2.4.8.3-Test, which has sky transfer fixes.

DVII-1u (2008-02-22f)
Update 1: Thanks to hawkwind, all of the teleport objects in Map19 are now flagged with strictly easy, medium, and hard. Anima's and Belial's UV-Max demos is still synced with this updated Map19.

DVII-1u (2008-02-22e)
Update 1: Thanks to hawkwind, the base teleporter in Map01 now works on skill 1... Anima's UV-Max demo is still synced with this updated Map01. Yay!
Update 2: The resources belonging to Nimrod are now cleared from the latest version of DVII-1u.wad. Thank God.

DVII-1u (2008-02-22c)
Update 1: Thanks to entryway, the latest version of DVII-1u.wad now comes bundled with PrBoom-Plus 2.4.8.3-Beta.
Update 2: Removed another resource that belongs to Kristus' Nimrod.
Update 3: Belial UV-Maxed Map31 with a phenomenal sub-3 minute performance. This demo is now included in the latest version of DVII, of course, must see!

DVII-1u (2008-02-22c)
Update 1: Thanks to entryway, the latest version of DVII-1u.wad can now run in the latest version of PrBoom+ (2.4.8.2).
Update 2: Removed and replaced a resource that belongs to Kristus' Nimrod. I hope you get my PM soon Kristus.

NOTE(S):

Despite all the updates, the maps are FINALIZED, the maps can only be changed if it DOES NOT break any of the UV-Max demos included with DVII-1u.zip.

The "skip map" levels are absolutely necessary, since different skies are required for the actual fleshed-out levels. "Skip Map" allows for sequential progression of secret levels and usage of sky textures from all three episodes (the hell levels would not be hell without a third episode sky). Most of the skip maps are only encountered in PrBoom, and when you play DVII sequentially (without IDCLEVing) from Map01 in ZDoom or GZDoom, many of the skip maps will not be encountered, since MAPINFO is smart enough to ignore the Skip Maps.

If you are not clear about certain aspects of DVII, a detailed textfile by the name of DVII-1u.txt is included with DVII.zip. I recommend reading it.

It's cool so far but the Unholy Cathedral is a true mindf*ck. I'm stuck to the point where I'm checking every wall to find a way out (found few secrets that way). Got the blue key but I have no idea what to do with it. Dealt with Mancubuses (or Mancubi, whatever) and the tower, library and everything else I came by (a little under 300 kills). No idea how to get to the yellow key but even if I did, again, no idea where to use it. All the ways to unexplored locations are blocked. I'm 50 mins or so in that map and no ideas how to move further... :(

Hi

I was waiting for the release of Deus vult II, but now I am disappointed that I have problems using zdoom and gzdoom.

- If I use the normal version (without OpenGL) I can play only a few minutes and then my screen goes to my windows desktop. I always have to alt-tab back to my game. It feels like "I click through my game" and i end up on my desktop.

- If i use the opengl version, i only see 75% of the screen. Some parts of the game are visible, some parts of windows are still visible.

These problems are not native to Deus Vult II, but I have these also when i Use Zdoom for playing the normal doom2

I am unable to use this Deus Vult II with Doomsday (snowberry, jdoom ? )

I was hoping to play this all night, but I can't figure this out...

It's also strange that when i started DeusVultII for the first time it took the settings from my other Zdoom installation?? (So my controls and stuff were like I set it up ??? how is this possible? shared config files somewhere ? )

My Specs: Core 2 Duo E6750, GF8800GTS 320MB (-> maybe hardware related issue? problems with dual core? )

I'm desperate :( i need help!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

///EDIT///
PROBLEM FIXED!!!
thanks to this thread:
http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=3103&highlight=screen&sid=bf268989400611b027e529bf5ee6f249

I found out that zdoom.exe and gzdoom.exe have problems with my shell (blackbox).

Yeah, really. The first DV was one of my favorite mapsets, and this one certainly doesn't let me down. Plus, so far it's significantly less ridiculous in terms of "oh hay here's 300 revenants, kill them with your SSG." and other ridiculous battles. But I'm not through yet.

Edit: odd wordfiltering :s

CactuarCatcher said:

Is there a way to stop the epic lag when going up the stairs at the beginning of minas morgul in GZDoom?

Hey, it lags in Software too; there's a lot of shit going on in that general direction.

Touchdown said:

It's cool so far but the Unholy Cathedral is a true mindf*ck. I'm stuck to the point where I'm checking every wall to find a way out (found few secrets that way). Got the blue key but I have no idea what to do with it. Dealt with Mancubuses (or Mancubi, whatever) and the tower, library and everything else I came by (a little under 300 kills). No idea how to get to the yellow key but even if I did, again, no idea where to use it. All the ways to unexplored locations are blocked. I'm 50 mins or so in that map and no ideas how to move further... :(

I'm having the same problem. The readme mentions three different paths, but I haven't really noticed any clear divisions. I've got the blue key, if that determines which path I went down. After a half-hour in DoomBuilder trying to find the blue door or any other clue, I'm just about to give up. Can anyone tell me what I missed?

There are sixteen red floor pentagrams distributed throughout the level that can be stepped on and blackened, once you step on nine of them (order does not matter), the lobby barriers will come down and access to the pipe organ will be granted.

On the pipe organ, there is a book with a lion head switch, shoot it and let hell break loose.

Doom Marine said:

There are sixteen red floor pentagrams distributed throughout the level that can be stepped on and blackened, once you step on nine of them (order does not matter), the lobby barriers will come down and access to the pipe organ will be granted.

On the pipe organ, there is a book with a lion head switch, shoot it and let hell break loose.

I must say that was the coolest pipe organ ever in a doom map. it might be the first!

Csonicgo said:

I must say that was the coolest pipe organ ever in a doom map. it might be the first!

Yessir, I believe I'd have to agree with you on that! That's mighty slick.

As a big fan of DV / DVII, I have a question as I haven't kept track of things so I might be missing something.

Does anybody know what is the current status of Huy Pham as far as mapping goes? Is he out or maybe working on something new (DVIII / new project)?

Touchdown said:

As a big fan of DV / DVII, I have a question as I haven't kept track of things so I might be missing something.

Does anybody know what is the current status of Huy Pham as far as mapping goes? Is he out or maybe working on something new (DVIII / new project)?

From what I recall, he was working on the next version of Deus Vult II. The two things I remember were the visually impressive "soulcrusher", by which you entered a new Hell-flavored map, and a large map much in the style of Phobos, which looked very nice. I think you can find the info in the dev thread. Though it hasn't been updated in awhile, I can only assume that he's working at his own interminable pace.

Here