Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Residential Doom

Corbin Annis sends word of a Resident Evil mod for EDGE v1.27 which is currently in public beta testing. Take a look here if you are interested.

If you're going to do a resident evil mod, you need really bad voice-acting.

How can any game have worse dialogue than Resident Evil?

Example one:

Barry: That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich.
Jill: You're right. Barry, thanks for saving my life.

Example two:

Barry: Jill, here's a lock pick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

what is RE but a tribute to B movies? B movies with zombies that eat your flesh and zombie dogs that bite you and turn you into a zombie yourself and with an evil mad scientist who has a giant zombie in the basement? i mean, hell, the president orders a nuclear strike on an american city, how B movie can you get?

RE1's bad voice acting completed the B movie feel. it was JUST like the real thing.

RE1 had the simplistic feel of a film entirely about zombies. the others added conspiracy and action-film elements. not to say they were bad... in fact, code veronica was my personal favorite (very creepy... i think only the RE1 remake on gamecube will surpass the creepiness). but RE1 was what made survival horror what it is today.

of course, RE isn't scary as a whole, except for a few choice moments, mostly in RE1 and RE:CV (i have yet to play gun survivor, but i will even if it didn't get good reviews) but it's a blast to play.

i'm working through RE3 right now, which i look as the third disc to RE2. :P

nemesis = aidswhore. he does NOT play fair. where the hell does he get that damn rocket launcher, it looks 50 years old.

scariest game i ever played = silent hill 1. that game disturbs my sleep. and i don't ever have nightmares.

A lot of us have RE, why not make a new story. Take no offence. I think Edge Zombie TC is going to be somthing difficult to surpass. Good luck on your project, and on getting the web page working!

Hyena said:

How can any game have worse dialogue than Resident Evil?

Example one:

Barry: That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich.
Jill: You're right. Barry, thanks for saving my life.

Example two:

Barry: Jill, here's a lock pick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

I agree that those sound pretty ridiculos, but then games kick ass, only one better in that genre is silent hill.