Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Olympus

Unholy Nights- Testers Needed!

Unholy Nights is an upcoming set of 5 maps for BOOM. Inspired by wads such as Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta, it will (hopefully) have a classic look and be semi-difficult. The map order is as follows:

-Map 01: Break in (previously released as Nightmap.wad) (pic) ....95% or so complete
-Map 02: (unnamed)....90% complete
-Map 03: Hot Water (pic) ....80% complete
-Map 04: Watch your Step (pic) ....25% complete
-Map 05: Once upon a Nightmare (hasn't yet been started)

I know it's hard to give feedback from a screenshot but let me know what you think :)

By the way, if you are interested in testing, please let me know.

Since the last testers signed up so long ago I doubt they will want to test it. Because of this I need five new testers.

Testers:
1. NoobBait
2. Hawkwind
3. Leon

Thanks guys, I'll put you down as testers. Should be done by the end of the year if I can move fast enough. Map 01 with difficulty settings done should be complete by the end of the week. Unsure about the others, though.

That first screenshot where the WOODMET1 meets the BROWN96 texture: I think it could use some kind of texture division. Like a 16 or 24 unit line on both sides with a METAL or SUPPORT3 texture to help distinguish the two of them.

Other than that, looking good so far.

Thanks all! Tango, I'll add you to the list of testers. Primeval, I will most likely need music for Map 02 and Map 05, I'm not sure about the others, when the time comes all PM you with a music request, thanks. And valkri, you're right, I'll try to find a way to make the transition a little smoother.

I like the screenshots, they seem to have the right amount of detail in em. I also like how you have different themes for each map for the most part.

Normally I dont like tech bases unless their done right, but im glad you threw in some hellish maps into the mix.

Thanks Memfis and Alwaysdoomed. With all these well-known mappers commenting saying it looks good, I'll have to be sure to not disappoint :)

Almost did a spit-take when I saw the name, only to realize that second word was "nights"

Screens may be slightly squarish, but otherwise nice. Keeping tabs on this.

I like your maps Olympus so this will be one for me to keep an eye on. If you still need playtesters a little later down the line when Progressive Fiction is done I will help out.

Thanks guys.

@Snakes:

Heh, it took me a second to realize why you said that :p

@Purist:

Thanks! Good to know I have a few fans here :) I'll add you to the list of testers, however, I will PM you the maps upon request when you feel you have time.

--STATUS UPDATE--

Due to a virus causing me to have to wipe my computer, I have made little progress on any of the maps. I've sorted everything out though so progress should be made this week. Testers can expect Map 01 soon :)

Sorry for the major bump but I've finally been inspired to restart this project. Over the past few days I've been working on (and mostly finished) map 02. Here are two pictures:

It started as a speedmap, so its a pretty small map that works well as Map 02. Hopefully this project is done by the end of July, as I am going to be speedmapping the rest of the maps.

By the way, I need testers. Im going to remove everyone from the list since they signed up almost a year ago, so I doubt they would still want to test. If your interested let me know.

NoobBait, I'll probably send Maps 01 and 02 tomorrow. If anyone else is interested in testing please let me know, I still need around 4 more testers.