Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaughingMan008

So.... Who are these guys?

I know freedoom is just a massive resource replacement, but surely somebody has come up with names for the new monsters, and maybe a diferent background for them than the whole demon from hell thing. They look like aliens to me. I havent found any info about that though. Anybody know anything?

Nobody knows exactly what they're supposed to be, there's really no coherence or planning in Freedoom. Everything is one big uncoordinated collaborative clusterfuck.

Sodaholic said:

Nobody knows exactly what they're supposed to be, there's really no coherence or planning in Freedoom. Everything is one big uncoordinated collaborative clusterfuck.

It's the "fling sprites to the wall and see what sticks" philosophy of art direction.

Makes me wish all open source asset collab would turn out as wonderfully as the liberated pixel cup. *sigh*

Someone (MithranDenizen?) wrote up a little backstory about a year ago or so. I wasn't following closely, so don't know how far it got...

Heh. Ide sure like to see that backstory if you have any notion where to find it. I tried googling. Didnt get anymore.

Hey! Maybe they're from "The Netherworld"
No, not Hell, the Netherworld from the old Beetlejuice cartoons!
The demon replacement reminds of the sandworms....
But they remind me of Tremors too.

I couldn't find that thread (maybe it was my imagination?) but you'll find lots of fun/interesting reading if you type "story" in the search box at the bottom of this forum. Some of it is really weird, and was probably not meant to be taken too seriously...

sgtcrispy said:

Mutants from an experiment gone horribly wrong?

Teenage mutant ninja snakemen!

Teenage mutant ninja snakemen!

Villains slithering in a nuke shell, snakeman power!

Is it just me, or does the Freedoom Guy look a bit like Karl Urban from the movie? Ive taken to calling him Grimm.
No offense meant....
See, I actually LIKE the Doom movie. I even like the Resident Evil movies. Ive discovered I have a very high tolerance when it comes to "bad" media. Be it games, movies, TV shows, books, whatever.