Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sure it happened to me before. Had 100/100 (green armor), ate a rocket and lost like 30-40 health. Demo is undownloadable somewhere in depths of post hell though. :p

That's really intriguing, I don't recall that happening to me, or I didn't notice.

Maybe split these last posts from the thread?

In time, I would really appreciate if someone could explain me these no damage rockets below. (Runs with sodfinal.wad)

sod32odd.zip

Somehow that pillar displaces spot where rockets explode. If you stand a bit further from it and shoot, you still get hurt. If you approach it and shoot, rocket gets displaced and affects how splash damage gets generated. Question is why it displaces rockets? Oh, and blockmap only affects hitscan/bfg tracers.

Hey guys, you have to see this... Murphy's law at its finest:

(not sure if this is the right thread... is there a place to post such demos/videos?)

Memfis said:

Hey guys, you have to see this... Murphy's law at its finest:
(not sure if this is the right thread... is there a place to post such demos/videos?)

I told the URL for this wad to only Japanese doomers. Why can you get it? Anyway, keep in mind that this is still a beta version. It might be changed and included in a megawad project in the future. A feedback or a demo is welcom.

Skepticist found japanese blog where his skepland.wad was mentioned. Out of interest I browsed that site a little and found your wad. :) If it's still a beta version I probably won't record on it. As for feedback, I want to say that I didn't like how you use "block monster" lines sometimes. When you press on the yellow skull switch, many demons appear, but if you try to run away they can't chase you. And for me the final fight with cyberdemon would be more interesting if he could walk out of the building. Also I was surpsised by the yellow key trap (when arch-vile appears). There was just no place to hide from his attacks except for that huge pillar, which doesn't always help.

Here is my FDA:

dac_tatsurd_mem_fda.zip

I've seen abrupt height changes when monsters are standing on the edge of a lift, can the player be affected as well? The camera shows you falling down into something very, very slim, then getting boosted up when the platform reaches certain height. More guessing from my part than explaining...

So I thought I might have a tackle of vile flesh map32 when this troll moment occurs, I swear the spider mastermind pulled a Houdini moment on this bfg shot which goes straight through her.
happens at about 55 seconds in. I die soon afterwards from the other SM

bfglol.zip

I think doom is just being pedantic :P plus I've had many a bfg shot simply being swallowed up by masterminds causing pretty much no damage. I think this level hates me.
Edit, yep it does, pr-boom crashed on run which was near level with qaatar's time :(

Logitech mouse gone totally wild. Plays back with hr2final.wad. No idea what happened here, I actually had to reboot to fix this.
edit: rofl, try watching it with walkcam

h203-holyshit.zip

Memfis said:

Logitech mouse gone totally wild. Plays back with hr2final.wad. No idea what happened here, I actually had to reboot to fix this.
edit: rofl, try watching it with walkcam

I remember many people had that problem back when optical mice were new thing. I had logitech mouse and it did exactly the same thing if you moved your mouse too fast.

At 1:42 I touch a lost soul and it burns me without attacking. This has happened to me before but only now I caught it on camera. Plays back with this.

I guess the explanation is that the lost soul actually was in its attacking state, but the way it happened here is rather uncommon and amusing I think.

assaultontheuac_mem_fda.zip

At 1:40.83 the Lost Souls begins its charge. At 1:41.23 you hit it with a shotgun blast. It starts to drift backwards. You come into contact with it at 1:42.83 and receive damage.

DoomWiki sez:
When hit by an attack, a lost soul that is charging will drift slowly away from the direction of the attack while remaining rather helplessly in its own attack state
[...]
Once commenced, the 'repulsed charging' will stop when:

· The lost soul is hit by a different attacker, which becomes its new target.
· The lost soul is stopped by an impassable or monster-blocking linedef.
· The lost soul is stopped by a thing that is an 'obstacle' or by a collectible item.
· The target of the lost soul, the one that caused the effect, is destroyed.

In the third case, if the object struck has hit points, it receives the normal attack damage (no matter which direction the lost soul is facing).

Can someone explain me, what happened here? Looks like a void glide, but I don't see the -45 vs 45 degree angle.

e3m1-wtf.zip

That's a void glide all right. In this case it seems to be facilitated by either a boost from the fireball the player gets hit with from his left or by a thing-glide off the dying Imp in front of him. Or maybe it's both.
The demo format is weird, too. Does CNDoom fudges it up on purpose, to make manipulating the data harder? Plenty of strange action tics throughout, with an occasional EOF marker here and there. It's a small wonder Chocolate Doom plays it without complaints.

Never_Again said:

The demo format is weird, too. Does CNDoom fudges it up on purpose, to make manipulating the data harder? Plenty of strange action tics throughout, with an occasional EOF marker here and there. It's a small wonder Chocolate Doom plays it without complaints.

Can you be more specific with this part? Are all CNDoom demos working like that, or is it just this one? If I ever manage to do a successful E3 run, it won't be cool if it desyncs. Should I make any changes for the setup?