Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hypr

my tc a restoration of classic wads

yep its a honest attempt to bring back the old wads from a while back
new enemies , sounds, better music, some gfx, only have map 11 done so it will still be a while i did the same thing with doom , for icon of sin i should change romeros face to bill gates face...

Word of advice: make sure you have the permission of the original authors of those wads to modify their work.

yep , i wont modify the levels these wads are like 4 years old also so its going to be hard to find the authors

its going to be hard to find authors of wads from 4 years ago...

Ever get the feeling that the first half of a thread is missing?

What is this guy talking about? And with who?

I take it Hypr wan't to reply on something and pressed the "Post New Thread"-button instead of the "Post Reply"-button by mistake.

hypr said:
its going to be hard to find authors of wads from 4 years ago...

Most WADs come with a text file, which usually states whether or not the author agrees to others modifying his work. If it tells you not to, don't.

I need to get cracking on downloading the stuff from 3DArchives...

Speaking of old WADs, I played one a while back that had a few sound replacements; my particular favorites were:

BFG firing = "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!!!!"

Splat and SD death = "OOOOOO THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!!" (with a suspenseful music note to it)

Cyberdemon death = "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun"

It also had a level replacement for E2M1; one room near the end was all white with a Spiderdemon and Cyberdemon in it together. Anybody know the name to this one?