Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project - /idgames link is up

omegamer said:

Sounds like someone died :P

Almost did, but got smoked after grabbing the green armor on the way out.

BloodyAcid said:

Almost did, but got smoked after grabbing the green armor on the way out.

:D

Well since I want to include this map in a bigger WAD im currently working on I see this secret might be a bit to dangerus :D

I'm in.

It will be GZDoom compatible, with an alternate d/l for people who want to play in ZDoom, without the annoying "<!>"s in place of dynamic lights.

fiend-o-hell said:

Here is my contribution to this project. I call it Foe Complex. Emphasis is on flow and architectural simplicity.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0t3zw0exee3ztku

That's a fun and uniquely designed map. A few nitpicks:

- There is missing textures on linedefs 2271 and 2273
- On HMP, UV and NM things 168 and 247 are stuck in each other
- Sector 201 is a door without "lower unpegged" flag on its sides
- this sky cut-off looks silly, you can easily fix it
- I think the first half could use a little more ammo. I had problems with it on my FDA. Also, not sure if there is enough ammo to kill two cyberdemons. When I met them I looked at the HUD and decided that it's better to just rush to the exit.
- The yellow key fight is kinda boring IMO. You need to wait for too long and the teleporting monsters don't pose much threat. Also they have major problems with walking on moving floors, and if you just stand in a corner without making any noise - they will not even notice you.

MSPaintR0cks said:

I present

Big Cybies House (Boom compatible)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zc69fcwok8cx66b

FDA. Cool wad and awesome music. :) (where is it from?)

- You might want to add a "block monsters" line here so that pinkies don't block the player when he tries to jump out of the window
- This fight is kinda silly (totally harmless cyber)
- Thing 89 blocks the player, you could replace it with some other hanging body
- To me curtain in the bathroom looked like it should defend me from arch-vile's attack, so I was surprised when it didn't. Maybe make it transparent?

Thx for play testing! I'll work out the kinks you mentioned in the revised version.

Memfis said:

That's a fun and uniquely designed map. A few nitpicks:

- There is missing textures on linedefs 2271 and 2273
- On HMP, UV and NM things 168 and 247 are stuck in each other
- Sector 201 is a door without "lower unpegged" flag on its sides
- this sky cut-off looks silly, you can easily fix it
- I think the first half could use a little more ammo. I had problems with it on my FDA. Also, not sure if there is enough ammo to kill two cyberdemons. When I met them I looked at the HUD and decided that it's better to just rush to the exit.
- The yellow key fight is kinda boring IMO. You need to wait for too long and the teleporting monsters don't pose much threat. Also they have major problems with walking on moving floors, and if you just stand in a corner without making any noise - they will not even notice you.

i'm in for this. i'm basically a newb mapper, but i'm already working on a couple maps for another project so adding a small/medium sized one to that shouldn't be an issue.

dannebubinga said:

Mountain of the doom god

[Nice pic]

Only tested with glboom+ on UV. Feel free to try it with different ports and skill levels. Make sure you record whatever you´re doing ;)

Here's my FDA, I assumed it was meant for -complevel 9 : http://www.mediafire.com/?21v4a1zaf4iyc2t

It should be quite painful to watch, as I progress very carefully ( and still manage to eat rockets ).
Difficulty-wise, I was expecting something close to Combat Shock, and was somehow surprised that you didn't go that far. Maybe blocking the player's retreat could increase difficulty, most notably at the Yellow Key trap.

Visually it's absolutely gorgeous, as expected. :)
Great job !

Thanks for the demo and the kind words!

Yes, it's made for -complevel 9

I didn't want to trap the player at all in this map, but instead encourage players to find different max and speed routes as well as the option of playing safe (like you did).

Glad you liked it

Thanks for the demo buddy. Smoothly played as always.

I think I'll make this map a wee bit harder before I fully submit it. If you had found the secrets the map would've been easier than the average plutonia map heh.

Expect a new version in a couple of days.

omegamer said:

Well I didnt post anything on this Forums for a longer time but I just saw I am still on the list for intereseted mappers.

So heres my map, small and ugly but well :D
http://www.mediafire.com/?8b63j5hbcad6m3k

Oh forgot to mention my map should be 100% vanilla compatible but tested with prboom+

link is corrupted -__-

count me in. :)
I have a backup map, if I don't make anything new for this.

Bit of a bump, but I feel I should let you know that I won't be getting anything done for this. I've well and truly dropped out of mapping at the moment, so I'm cancelling everything so that if (or when) I come back, I've got a fresh start with no baggage left over.

Here, have an updated version of my contribution with a few minor bugfixes and more added to the end. (This was made previously but I never submitted it.) Also, again, change my name from TrueDude to Death Egg.

mmm.. checked the video and the map doesn't look bad at all... altough, it looks a real badass challenge!

Just remember to change the scythe2 textures with the stock doom2.wad textures, since this project doesn't approve new textures on it...

walter confalonieri said:

mmm.. checked the video and the map doesn't look bad at all... altough, it looks a real badass challenge!

Just remember to change the scythe2 textures with the stock doom2.wad textures, since this project doesn't approve new textures on it...

Sure; I will get on that ASAP. I am glad you like the map.

I was already thinking it'd be cool to make maps. I guess I have to do it now. I have to learn really fast... oh well. If this project accepts troll maps, it'll accept mine. I already have an idea of what I want to do.