Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Anyone have a sword?

The powers that be tend to discourage sword ownership down here, best I can do is a big WW1-vintage bayonet.

There's one in Hexen, if you don't mind editing out the green flames.

Witchaven has some great melee weapons and I remember playing wads that used some of those. There is a pretty decent lookimng sword in the Witchaven armory and you do not have the trouble to edit out the green flames of the Hexen Sword.
As far as I know, you can even extract the sword directly out of the Witchaven data with XWE, just for the case you do not find a wad that has this sword.

All right, so no new friends, but no worries; I finished it. Now I need a bow and arrow. Any suggestions?
Also Persians. Don't ask.

I want my new sword to replace the fist, but it's not working. Here's part of the DECORATE:
actor Sword : Weapon replaces fist
{
Weapon.SelectionOrder 3700
Weapon.Kickback 100
+WEAPON.WIMPY_WEAPON
+WEAPON.MELEEWEAPON
+NOEXTREMEDEATH
Obituary "%o was cut up by %k's sword."
States
{

Krispy said:

All right, so no new friends, but no worries; I finished it.

I'm nobody's friend at 4AM.

Now I need a bow and arrow. Any suggestions?

Is this of any use to you?

Also Persians. Don't ask.

Will you settle for a Bombay? *just kidding*

I want my new sword to replace the fist, but it's not working.

One way around that is to create a PlayerPawn and give it the sword as a start item.

There's a bow n arrow (and crossbow) on Realm667. There's a sword in, I think it's called, The Edge of Time (teot.wad), that I've been trying to "borrow" for a medieval themed Doom wad. From what I was able to gather, it's not complete. Seems pretty close, though.

Yup, got the bow, and used a clearinventory script coupled with a giveinventory script.

Well, he was right, so I'll give him credit for that. PRIMEVAL, if you're still interested, you can take the sword from 300.wad.

"Replaces" only affect things that are spawned in the map. Things placed directly in inventory are never affected.