Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

[Megawad] Back to Saturn X - April Fools! Real E2 pictures on page 9 :)

Katamori said:

Well, almost a year later: are there any progress in this incoming masterpiece? =)

yep. essel is now at version 148 with his "alien lanes", tango has TWO maps "he just needs to finish" and rott deleted a spectre from one of his maps.

Heh. I wonder if Back to Saturn X is as big as the fabled TCDoom AlexMax was rambling about (ALEXMAX's post here). I mean, I wonder if by now a big part of Doomworld's moderators are within the team too, just like with that TCDoom.

NiuHaka said:

Wow! This looks amazing. This is going to be one of the few megawads i've ever downloaded.

Why, are you connected to the internet via a wet noodle?

esselfortium said:

Project cancelled again, everybody go home

And I was looking forward to this. Maybe one day you will change your mind and perhaps finish this WAD?

esselfortium said:

Project cancelled again, everybody go home

I'm relieved; I was afraid people were gonna waste their lives on these mediocre maps at best.

dew said:

yep. essel is now at version 148 with his "alien lanes", tango has TWO maps "he just needs to finish" and rott deleted a spectre from one of his maps.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH fuck you man go home

love ya dewww

Not Jabba said:

I can never tell what is serious and what is a joke in this thread.

The project is cancelled. Too much pressure on essel et. al to pull off the ultimate vanilla megawad. The project was just too ambitious. It was sort of inevitable, really: these sort of ultra-lofty projects are never able to get finalized; too many variables that need to fall into place and invariably aren't able to because of unforeseen obstacles. As far as there being a downloadable version of the wad, that was a hoax.

What graphics? I thought it was common knowledge that the promo screenshots were just mockups.

Seriously guys, you're messing with my brain. D:

Hellbent said:

The project is cancelled. Too much pressure on essel et. al to pull off the ultimate vanilla megawad. The project was just too ambitious. It was sort of inevitable, really: these sort of ultra-lofty projects are never able to get finalized; too many variables that need to fall into place and invariably aren't able to because of unforeseen obstacles. As far as there being a downloadable version of the wad, that was a hoax.

that's why people should focus a whole lot more on making things that are interesting to them instead of always thinking bigger = better

(i say this as a person who is leading a megawad project right now =/)

also, nice GBV reference with the title.

Pottus said:

Something tells me this is gonna be released tomorrow :P

you wish

How can you cancel a project that never even got off the ground in the first place?

OTOH, if those screenshots are legitimate (though I doubt their authenticity considering my name is, like, totally latched on to one of them erroneously... I'd never join a project with hacks like Vader, Tango, and Skillsaw), we could always have Soda leak it for us.

ella guro said:

that's why people should focus a whole lot more on making things that are interesting to them instead of always thinking bigger = better

yes let's all learn a lesson from this =)

I'm going to take a guess that the project has either been in hiatus (understandable with difficult free-time projects), a release is imminent (could kmxexii's post be a hint?) or just like with KDiZD there are a few maps which need to be finished by one person before the thing gets released.

The project had been moved to the Quake engine, but after the resources had been converted, they then decided to use the Unreal engine instead.