Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-12 - It is here. Ready your buns... for burgers.

That stream helped out a lot.

Heres a new version of Hamburglar Hell
http://www.speedyshare.com/XNn6s/HHill03.wad

Change time: 35 minutes (~55 minutes total)
Changes since HHill01
-Narrowed island with marble flat, widened section around it, the jump from that to the plutonia rocks now requires an actual jump or SR50 running.
-Made flag room larger, moved spawn in flag room. Reduced size of the barrier.
-Added a few more banners and torches to indicate location more efficiently.
-Made first step of "That one staircase" wrap around second stair for easier access.

I have all updates posted in this thread in the compiled WAD so far.

But where's everyone else? There's only 43 minutes left!

UPDATE (Aug. 19, 2012 11:30 PM PDT): Nevermind, apparently, this isn't a one-day thing.

Aw crud, I've been busy all day and didn't get a chance to update my map with pretty details. I started something but there's no way I'll be able to finish since I just got a chance to get on the computer. I'll probably finish it anyways and maybe release it as a standalone or something.

Going to post again to say that I updated my link three posts ago, even though the post is a few inches above this one, because that's how paranoid I am.

@Kass: Stairs are good now. Thanks for that... :D

(Spoiler: it was a concern because I fall in pits all the time. D: )

testing version 1D, level 24: generica
the cage that gives access to bfg ( in the center of the map ) are not symmetric:
the one near (-540, 690) has passable fence, allowing to jump into it form above;
the one near (480, -310) has IMpassable fence.

Overhauled map because it sucks (according to everyone.)
Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26269208/mapin2_2.wad
Because I didn't get any Nitro feedback besides "this map sucks" I didn't know anything about item placement.
Changelog -
Made teleporter faster than mid with these changes:
Made elevator wider so you can get on it easier.
Made elevator top a Walkover line.
Made elevator faster.
Removed middle teleport area.
Changed scrolling floor directions.
Made elevator easier to see (textures, brightness.)

Made mid walkway easy to use with these changes:
Replaced middle door with platform that corresponds to the doors on each base and added a switch inside each base for ease of use.
Made mid slightly longer.

i'll try to make some changes to both my maps this week, school just started but i should have some time.

ALSO just a message to everyone that is in the process of detailing or still needs to, shit tends to look pretty bad if you decide you need to use all 500 textures in a single map

Tango said:

i'll try to make some changes to both my maps this week, school just started but i should have some time.

The stairs are apparently screwed up in one side of the stewboy map you worked on, FYI.

ALSO just a message to everyone that is in the process of detailing or still needs to, shit tends to look pretty bad if you decide you need to use all 500 textures in a single map

But but but :(

esselfortium said:

The stairs are apparently screwed up in one side of the stewboy map you worked on, FYI.

See? This is why you need compustairs with monitors to run diagnosis checks on the stair status.

esselfortium said:

This is a nodebuilding error I didn't notice because 1) nobody reported it until Nitro, and 2) I didn't think ZenNode, the nodebuilder I used, would screw up that badly. Note that this happens only with DB2's "normal" setting, not its "fast" one that doesn't build REJECTs.

The Green Herring said:

This is a nodebuilding error I didn't notice because 1) nobody reported it until Nitro

i did, although i guess my report wasn't clear enough because i was tired and i half-assed it.

I'm glad I kept detailing my map a little bit last night. Thanks for the extra time :). Any deadline for the detail jobs by the way? I'll keep working and try to finish it as quickly as possible. And hope that I don't destroy the gameplay in the process :P

Mechadon said:

I'm glad I kept detailing my map a little bit last night. Thanks for the extra time :). Any deadline for the detail jobs by the way? I'll keep working and try to finish it as quickly as possible. And hope that I don't destroy the gameplay in the process :P

You've got all week, I think. As long as it's done by the time TGH compiles it all up for Nitro round 2, so probably around Friday.

That sounds very manageable to me. Thanks for clearing that up. If there are any other layouts that need detailed or cleaned up, and if I'm not too lazy, I'll try and help out some more. I guess I should finish this first map before I start volunteering for a bunch of work though :P

Hey guys, I watched the video with you guys playing my map. It's always good to see people spilling each others blood all over my work. Makes me all warm inside! To whoever it was that asked about the music to MAP23, the song is "Hella Good" by No Doubt. My pc is being really finicky about Internet connections lately but hopefully I can get the map all detailed up and add some impassible lines on the details and stuff, and the use a USB drive to move the map to a computer that has internet.

The Tooters (v2): http://timeofdeath.wrvids.com/doom/thetootersV2.zip

- put megaspheres on the superjump platform
- put blue armors on the spawns
- added rocket launchers around the center platform
- made the center platform raise to highest floor and lower to lowest floor (instead of raising/lowering 32 units multiple times)

You can jump off the center platform onto the "TIME" platform to get to the flags, or you can superjump to the time platform.

TimeOfDeath said:

The Tooters (v2): http://timeofdeath.wrvids.com/doom/thetootersV2.zip

- put megaspheres on the superjump platform
- put blue armors on the spawns
- added rocket launchers around the center platform
- made the center platform raise to highest floor and lower to lowest floor (instead of raising/lowering 32 units multiple times)

You can jump off the center platform onto the "TIME" platform to get to the flags, or you can superjump to the time platform.

did you fix the music? HAHA just kidding, best track ever

http://www.speedyshare.com/y9Ttx/32in24-12-TestingVersion2A.zip

Here is Testing Version 2A, which has all the updated levels posted in this thread so far. They are:

• Sauce Port
  • The Battle of Snake Canyon
  • Gray Mainstream Map
  • Scary Flaggers and Nice Caps
  • Hamburglar Hill
  • Bridge to Nowhere
  • Tong Dat Catte
  • Danny Tamberelli's Manboobs
  • Some Tourist Attraction
  • Eye of the Tiger
  • Meatwad Goes to the Super Bowl
  • Go to Hell, Do Not Collect $200
  • The Tooters
  • Kingdom of Naughty Aeronautics
  • WTF CTF
  • Thanks Zero. I'm Okay. (I rebuilt the nodes to remove a texture bleed)
  • Obvious Filler Map
  • Mudman Wonderland
If anyone has any updated levels I forgot to include, please let me know! You have until the end of Friday to submit updates!

incoming version of Thanks Zero, I'm Okay

- retextured curved stairs
- added midfences around impassible boundaries
- removed cell ammo
- raised lift ceiling

sorry i didn't base it on your changes you just posted TGH; i actually finished about an hour ago but couldn't quite post it yet. i fixed the HOM bugs so far as i can tell, just by moving the vertices by two pixels on both sides. it should all be fixed, let me know if there are any bugs you can find TGH/dew

http://www.mediafire.com/?uvlm65c939w0hct

also i would like to request a skychange to SKYESSL1

REUPLOADED WITH A SMALL STAIR FIX, DOWNLOAD AGAIN

updated version of Water Defecation Facility, incorporating the changes dew suggested

- added teleport in flag room that leads to raised tunnel in base entryway (1-way)
- removed some unnecessary impassible lines on some walls in the midsection
- added crate on upper walkway in the middle to obstruct path
- added crate at base entryway to enable jump up to second level without taking side hallway
- added fence texture around outside in midsection

that is it i believe

DOWNLOAD