Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyDoomer

TNT: Evilution Nomonsters Demopack [done!]

i will probably redo my map13 demo sometime soon

and yeah relic if you can beat any of our times we would be glad to include them here... and btw, long time no talk :P

Hock's EV17o007.zip is done with turbo, just like his pl09o040.zip (I checked all his non-tas demos).

Relic said:

So it is possible? Do monsters still spawn on NoMo though?

Yes they do. The only issues with this map are how quickly you can navigate the start and how easy it is to get onto the platform with the stair raising switch in the icon of sin room. Both I think could be rather annoying when speedrunning

Relic said:

So it is possible? Do monsters still spawn on NoMo though?

Just look at my demo on DSDA, and you'll see it's possible. (MAP30 in 1:25 there, which I know can be improved.)

Why should we ban Hock from this for an honest mistake? He told me he his arrow keys and binded to up turbo, and it's easy for him to accidentally hit them.

I think if he makes runs without turbo his demos should be welcomed as well. It's only fair. ;)

doomdaniel95 said:

Why should we ban Hock from this for an honest mistake?

An "honest mistake" he'd made dozens of times before, been warned about several times, denied doing until presented with undeniable evidence to the contrary, claimed had been a mistaken upload until pointed out that the file dates contradicted him, and swore that he would never ever do again when being allowed to post again. Why have keys bound to "increase turbo" if intending to record honestly anyway? Yes, everyone deserves a second chance, but this was already this third chance.

What if he records everything w/out messages on and plays it back w/out messages on, so he doesn't see that he toggled turbo? Without messages on, you couldn't tell. He made an effort to fix it after I pointed it out to him once. Problem was, he already had demos recorded and uploaded here.. which he said to disregard for turbo after I pointed it out to him. I know Hock and I seriously don't think it was on purpose.

Well, he sure does it a lot. He should learn from his mistakes. His kama sutra map14 nomo in 0:11 is actually TAS. Also, every non-TAS demo (7 total) he has @ plutonia wad are actually TAS.

How about he gets unbanned but every demo he'd publish from now on will be automatically treated as TAS?

odysseyofnoises said:

he told me he is done with non tas anyway

If that reply is about the ones I just listed then he can tell me how to strafe50 on turns :)

Edit: I guess I misunderstood that sentence.

I got connection, but my phone can't scroll down text-editing window... I can't edit everything what is lower map18 time, so don't worry if I won't add your demo to tables. I'll be able to use PC only in August 28th.

Lol, Looper makes such good demos, we might as well just rely on him to produce a new demopack for tnt. Goodness knows I'm not going to be able to beat any of his times. :P

doomdaniel95 said:

Goodness knows I'm not going to be able to beat any of his times. :P

Well, you are a keyboarder. It's not really a fair comparison in nomonsters category. Some of the tricks are basically impossible without a mouse.

Looper said:

Well, you are a keyboarder. It's not really a fair comparison in nomonsters category. Some of the tricks are basically impossible without a mouse.

Heh I just never got used to mouse except when playing ZDaemon/ZDoom. It'd be fun to have a keyboard-only, SR40-only challenge among everybody sometime, but I'd still be crushed in the competition due to my small amount of patience when demo recording. ;)

Yeah us keyboarders have it tough. Watching Looper's demos is like watching a robot play DOOM in an optimized way. SR-50 with a keyboard is kind of fun tbh.