Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

This is an old name I use because I still can, most people know me by my other nicknames

I joined a project many years ago called TRTCC and the main fellow (iirc who was obsessed with Twin Peaks) Maonth now Shaviro suggested I use this instead of UAC_Marine since they were both in competition I think

Years ago, I heard there was going to be a new doom game (Doom 3), so I was poking about for news and found Newdoom. While registering I kinda just came up with this thing and didn't think Id be stuck with it. So when I registered here I figured id use the same name...

A lot of cool names here. Fun thread idea.

BloodyAcid said:

Nothing. Just thought of it on the spot. No it does not have anything to do with a girl, so fuck off with that theory (to those zan fags)

I would've guessed it came from the Alien(s) movies, but maybe that would be AcidyBlood instead. ;)

I came up with my name when registering for some multi-player Warhammer game (my usual handle, JM_Zen, wasn't accepted, and even if I modified it, it didn't really fit). So I came up with 'schwerpunk' on the spot - thinking I was so clever, taking the 't' off the end. Turns out there's a German punk band by the same name. :P

I've been slowly registering and re-registering, under a different name, all over the internet, so if you see a newbie with a signature that says 'Formerly known as schwerpunk,' that's me.

EDIT: unless it isn't

My close family/friends call me Joshy Poshy, so it's Joshy for short. I used to be under the handle 'ghost' on newdoom forums, and when I signed up here, I didn't want to be the inferior ghost to GreyGhost (the name was taken anyway heh).

And guess what my real name is. Prizes for those who gets it right.

Joshy said:

I used to be under the handle 'ghost' on newdoom forums, and when I signed up here, I didn't want to be the inferior ghost to GreyGhost (the name was taken anyway heh).

Heh - my first attempt at registering as GreyGhost on Newdoom forums failed because my email address (which I'd only had a few weeks) had supposedly already been banned. Clicking on the "Contact Admin" link took me to a 404 page, so I still don't know the reason for that ban. Have you considered a name change to something like "Poltergeist", they're more awesome than common-or-garden type ghosts. ;-)

And guess what my real name is. Prizes for those who gets it right.

Is searching the /igames database considered to be cheating? If not, what's my prize?

Used to go by Deathman because it sounded cool. Later I realized that it sounded dumb so closing my eyes, I picked a random word out of the dictionary. I ironically landed on 'Kaiser' and went with that. I've been sticking to this nickname for many years now.

I used to play with "Trooper" (from Iron Maiden) but of course it's a common nick, so my friend suggested "Looper". I have used it for 12 years now, and I may have to change it again because of the movie "Looper", which may cause more Loopers to pop out.

When playing diablo2 or something like that where you have multiple characters, I just pick a place from atlas.

PRIMEVAL said:

]
Though I do also love the TV show of the same name, one of my favorites.

Even after they killed off the main character?

I like to Chop Kins in Canada. Really, it's just my name: C for first name initial, Hopkins is my last name, and I live in Canada. Chopkins was the user name I was assigned in a computer class. I was new to the internet at the time so I used the same name to sign up for Yahoo mail. Chopkins was taken and it suggested it with "Ca" at the end, standing for "Canada".

On one forum long ago, I went by the 'name'; 5157007296. People thought it was just a phone number, but the numbers had a meaning.

Doom Marine said:

... You jelly?

No. I would register as The Doom Marine or Man Of Doom or Marine Of Doom.

Eris Falling said:

Even after they killed off the main character?

Cutter? Yeah, that was a major bummer. I wanted him to come back in some sort of time paradox thing, sorta like how he lost Claudia.

As in Dune, which I was re-reading at the time. In the end I don't find it that fitting and this is pretty much the only place I use this name anymore.

printz said: (to Purist)
Ask an administrator if you really want [your username] changed :)

I wonder if they'd merge an old account with this one. Because I couldn't remember my old password, I made a new account. ComicMischief: I draw comics and am mischievous.

But I'd rather 'Jayextee' because I go by that name fucking everywhere.

My nick was originally Corbachu. Got banned or something so when I came back I just shortened it to simply Chu. Ridiculous username...when Yahoo first opened up registration in the 90's my father asked me to pick a name. I was "into" Pokemon at the time so I just merged my first name with the latter half of Pikachu. So, uh, yeah. I don't use that handle at all anymore, though my friends still call me that.

I've tried contacting someone to change it ever since but, oh well. It's short and simple.

The first years online I went by TorntheDark (althrough I still use that some places). It was madeup from a guy, who was not that good at english around that time. :|

In danish torn is the word for thorn and I thought it was the same thing in english, so basicly the black thorn.
After some time on here I asked linguica to change my name to Torn.

It is also what people will be after a direct hit by a bfg ball in deathmatch. ;)