Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pencil of Doom

Jon player class for doom

I had this idea after playing Classic rivalry mod for doom 2,so i'm going to make Jon from Powerslave,a playable class but i'm having a problem with Stuff.dat, because Xwe is always saying this:Failed to create key Doom.wadfile\shell\EditXWE and this:List index out of bounds(0) does somebody a solution for this problem?

Try to rename it to Stuff.grp, then open it with XWE. Make sure to select the Powerslave palette from the appropriate XWE menu...

Nope,i don't see powerslave pallete and i tried changing the file types to all extensions suported by xwe but then it shows me the same message when had that problem with xwe.

Not even with slade 3,because the graphics in Stuff.dat are in seq.format and the sound files are in voc.Slade 3 dosen't know what is seq. it probably needs to be udpated more.

Are you sure? This pic shows it's doable... ;-)

Also, you can see a PALETTE.DAT lump directly inside the Stuff.dat/.grp to use. Select it, then "Palette > Use Current" on XWE.

Please, for the love of god, don't use XWE. It's very outdated (it's geared towards older editing techniques, and instills bad editing habits since it makes assumptions about many things), buggy, and unreliable. I say this because I don't want your WAD getting corrupted by it (which is known to happen). Only use XWE if you're ripping resources from a game Slade doesn't support.

I am using slade 3,because for me it's simple and easy to use.But anyway if anyone wanna join the project,Pm me and then i will give you the link of my wip wad so you can take a look.

Okay,i found a site that contains stuff about powerslave here:
http://dukertcm.com
There you will find faqs,cheats,tips,hints and many other thing not also about powerslave but as other stuff about other build engine games as well the source code of some of these games, when you have time go there.

I've been playing Powerslave most of the days,i defeated Set and Selkis and now i'm in Karnak and by the way i've made the flamethower,so i started making the decorate for the weapon,so anyone has suggetions for the flamethower?