Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doombringer : Episode 1 Released on Steam!

I'm rather fond of the steampunk look. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for the environments and stuff.

He looks a bit like my Saints Row 3 character. Very nice job so far. Also, I'd like to volunteer as a beta tester. I beta tested Spawn (which has a 4 star rating on /idgames) and I'd like to move on to more serious stuff. If you're wondering about my effectiveness, you can always ask Dave_Billing, the maker of Spawn, although I am not sure if he's active anymore.

I wish you best of luck with this game, and hope it will bring an epic, new and unforgivable experience for all of us.

Gonna call this one done for now. It's possible I'll make some slight detail adjustments to it later. Depending on how it looks in first person. But I feel that it got what it need now. Not entirely happy with the front holding bar, but I don't want it to be too big or make the arm get n the way of the player seeing the gun behind it.

http://www.doglike.org/doombringer/Doombringer_gatlinggun2.png

Technician said:

nipple barbell.

How about Mad Max-like buttchapps pants, too?

Because what can ever be more manly than a guy that's so assertively sure of his masculinity that he wears buttchaps knowing that none can make fun of him without being blown into a million pieces. Or maybe that's exactly what he's counting on...

Since I am getting offers for music from a "lot" of different directions, I'll just make this public statement of music.

Not yet. And when I do, I will have several different offers to choose from. So it's possible I will ask you people to make an example at that time. But I'm not even gonna think about music before I got a basic game play with a test map set up.

This can be applied to all fields of help really. I'm glad people are interested in helping out. But at the present time I don't need help and when I do I'll make call outs. Because there's no point in bringing people on when you don't have anything for them to do.

Mechadon said:

The minigun looks kinda skinny in the first-person view.

I personally like the idea of a skinny minigun. Large miniguns are overused in a lot of games.

kristus said:

Granted, this is a work of fiction...but I'm trying to make sense of how the mech on such a gun would be supposed to work, if the ammo clip was placed so forward. A chambered round would practically stick out of the barrel, if they were as long as the ammo clip suggests O_o

Also, the trigger seems to be pointing opposite to the barrel (the barrel is on the left of the pic, right?)....is this a suicide gun or what? o_O

Maes said:

Granted, this is a work of fiction...but I'm trying to make sense of how the mech on such a gun would be supposed to work, if the ammo clip was placed so forward. A chambered round would practically stick out of the barrel, if they were as long as the ammo clip suggests O_o

Also, the trigger seems to be pointing opposite to the barrel (the barrel is on the left of the pic, right?)....is this a suicide gun or what? o_O

Keep your realism babble away from my thread. And there's no trigger on the gun yet.

I think he was referring to the cog near the magazine. From that perspective, it kind of looks like a trigger. And I agree, "realism" has already destroyed too many games. It needs to be locked in a cage and dropped in hell to burn forever.

Well, I never said there's anything bad with fantasy and pie-in-the-sky designs...but if he's aiming for a cyberpunk/steampump setting, machinery must have some design accuracy. Think, e.g. of the Metal Slug games: weapons and vehicles certainly are cartoony, but also mechanically plausible and detailed. It's not the same thing as making stuff appear glitchy or surreal, e.g. backwards-aimed cannon, and shooting shells too large to fit even ONE of them in the tank ;-)

The way I saw it, it appeared like a gun with a very short barrel very close to its magazine (which has too long rounds), a trigger sitting opposite the muzzle and the clip itself acting as handle. Maybe I tried to over-rationalize something still VERY incomplete?

You're contradicting yourself. It is mechanically implausible to have a cannon that fires shells too large to fit the tank.

And you're making assumptions about a gun you know nothing about. The reason I told you to keep realism out of it is because I have no interest in talking about it. I can rationalize why the gun looks like it do. But there's no point in me doing so. So please spare me the realism babble because it's pointless for me. I know the mechanics of real weapons and how they work. But this is not a real weapon. And even assuming that the weapon got regular shell and casing ammo is too big an assumption to make in a case like this.

kristus said:

You're contradicting yourself. It is mechanically implausible to have a cannon that fires shells too large to fit the tank.

Maes said:

It's not the same thing as making stuff appear glitchy or surreal, e.g. backwards-aimed cannon, and shooting shells too large to fit even ONE of them in the tank ;-)

Yes, you are right. In any case, it seems like I struck a nerve here, so I'll leave it at that.

To be fair, it does kind of look like there's a trigger next to the magazine and the barrel is pointed at the face of whoever's firing it :p

But I guess you haven't decided on what the grip should look like yet.

Maes said:

Yes, you are right. In any case, it seems like I struck a nerve here, so I'll leave it at that.

For clarification, note that you cited the wrong person for your second quote :)