Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Looper said:

I used to play with "Trooper" (from Iron Maiden) but of course it's a common nick, so my friend suggested "Looper". I have used it for 12 years now, and I may have to change it again because of the movie "Looper", which may cause more Loopers to pop out.

pooper is still free and thematic to your other alias!

i use dew since mid-90's because it makes more sense than swq or fre and it fits into mortal kombat top10 scores.

I would expect "schwerpunk" to be nothing less than a heavily built, tattooed punk.

GreyGhost said:

Have you considered a name change to something like "Poltergeist", they're more awesome than common-or-garden type ghosts. ;-)

POLTERGOOST!

Is searching the /igames database considered to be cheating? If not, what's my prize?

I'd consider that a smart move, well done. Your prize is... an enhanced sense of pride! Enjoy! ;-)

As has been pointed out by exp, this topic has been done several times before. Maybe the newer users or people who haven't posted in one of these threads before can discuss their usernames this time? Or if you have something to add to previous replies? The older threads are linked below:

2011 2009 2006 2005 2004

Being a new member, this is all fresh to me. Though perhaps next time, it would be better to resurrect an old thread and add to it (though I've noticed this happens less often on Doomworld than most other forums).

Well, it was fresh to me too! DW doesn't seem to regard resurrection kindly, maybe a bad Archvile experience in their childhood... ;) I've seen plenty of themes regurgitated over again and again, and there's always the older threads for a fuller picture I guess, but adding to those older threads is just unacceptable behaviour... bad schwerpunk! ;) Plus I didn't realise there were old threads to add to until it was pointed out in this thread, so yeah, I've discovered new (old?) things now at least. You know what they say, everything old is new again.

I am Heavy Weapons Guy. And this... is my explanation.

At the time I just liked playing as the HWGuy when TFC was still popular. About two years after I joined here, I changed my online name to Chow Yun Thin and stuck with it ever since.

glenzinho said:

As has been pointed out by exp, this topic has been done several times before. Maybe the newer users or people who haven't posted in one of these threads before can discuss their usernames this time? Or if you have something to add to previous replies? The older threads are linked below:

2011 2009 2006 2005 2004

See 2011 for mine.

ClumsyDoomer. Just cuz I have damaged legs and back and I can't walk and stand normally. But my legs are very good - I can run very fast and jump very high, but they hurt too much, so I can't walk and stand like others. Also my parents called me "clumsy"...

Aleaver said:

Mine is the first letter of my first name (A)ndrew and my last name (Leaver) Aleaver

Thats exactly how mine is, (J)ason Dagenet.

Kristus - Jesus Christ in Swedish. My real name is "Christian". I am a god amongs men and you all should bow to me in reverance.

I recall cobbling together this when I was 12 and registering at some forum.

I feel it's one of those painful memories of my stupider self that sticks with me to this day, and yet I can't think of anything better. I dislike my username terribly though some don't want me to change it because they're all used to it, and others tell me that it's fine.

Maybe in time, I'll be able to finally come up with something that doesn't suck near as much but people can still identify me with. Maybe.

A name I came up with in 2007 for the internet and has been using since. I think it had something to do with Star Wars as I first used it on Massassi Net.

The numbers "30" and "9" mean my birthday (30th of September) and "C" is short for company.

Who knows? Maybe This will be my company's name in the future.

People used to call me Jimi for no reason at all. Then it kinda got stuck on me as I thought it was a cool name.. but now.. ehh.. I don't feel like having any name at all, like the Doctor, except that I don't have a title either, so you couldn't call me anything at all.

I think what I've written to some of my profiles as a "funny/joke description" of myself in some webpages:"Raving madman from the past, insane lunatic at the present, split unpersonality of the future!" It feels a bit like I've reached that split unpersonality. Maybe I need to update the description then, or maybe I die when the split unpersonality phase ends?

Uhh...

I was in high school at the time when I created it. Sophmore I think. I wanted a screen name that didn't have any numbers and I really wanted Raptor but of course it was taken. So I thought Raptomex sounded cool.

All the cool names were taken and I got fed up trying to find one which wasn't claimed allready. So I just randomly threw some words together and came up with this name. I am Dutch though, at least that part is correct. But I am not the Devil, altough sometimes the beast gets out.

The one I use here makes no fucking sense. I don't even know why young-me used it.

The other ones I use:
Alay -- Random name generator came up with that for a character I used in an RPG. It just stuck since.
Alaykitty -- Combination of that first pseudo name plus my nickname (which comes from my middle name, Katherine)
Kaspin -- Another hit of the glorious random name generators.

I usually just use Sarah now, since everyone I play with calls me by name anyways *shrug*

eargosedown (despite you posting elsewhere that it's read differently) sounds sadistic, like cutting someone's ear and watching it fall, which fits Doom's gory nature.

I'll admit I don't really have much imagination. I came up with this name when I was about 12 and needed an online name for Skulltag, so I thought killer would fit. I thought I'd add something to it so it doesn't sound completely generic. For some reason I sill like this name, despite it being very bland.

Other names I go by:
Aeodkiller:on most big forums and games, killer2 was taken so I needed an alternative. I used killer again, and combined it with what was my favourite WAD at the time

1337 GH057:I had a phase on Skulltag when I kept aliasing. I've made a lot of random aliases, this being one of them. I made it on a laptop that wasn't at my home. About a year later, I returned to that laptop and found this alias was still on, and found it to be pretty cool. Since then, I continue to sometimes use this name on Skulltag (Zandronum), and I also use it as my summoner name in League of Legends.
I will probably use it from now on, since it sounds a lot better than Killer2.

I was given my nickname back at school for the fact I had a hard head, much to some peoples pain back then. This noggin has survived falling down the stairs and cracking my head against the pavement and not sustaining anything more serious than a slight bump on the head.