Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Back to the Refinery

After a development time of almost two years, it is finally done. The Refinery has reopened; relive the classic experience, the fast-paced action with a essence of Doom 3's creepy experience - the best of both sides. So what is it? It's a reinterpretation or remake of Doom's original E1M3, heavily inspired by KDiZD. The whole map has been enlarged, restructured, new areas have been added, old ones enhanced and the whole thing has been turned into something more real and atmospheric. Expect something totally different in a place that you already know to a very good extent. You can download the pk3 over at the Realm667, get your doom.wad warmed up (not Doom 2 compatible), and start up your GZDoom for a experience that pushes the engine to its limits.

Can´t get that working with gzdoom 1506:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 461:
"NOTAUTOAIMED" is an unknown flag

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 469:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 477:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 485:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 495:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 505:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 515:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 525:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 535:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 545:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 555:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 565:

Script error, "therefinery.pk3:actors/blood.txt" line 575:

Once I got it working with the GZDoom update, it was quite good, if difficult. The new monsters (especially some of the zombie variants) find ways to keep you on your toes. And just when you thought you conquered the level... "Something's different"

Enjoy!

I almost made that post about the errors but then I decided I'd let someone else take the boos and hisses.

I'm confused. The text file says that this map is based on E2M3 of DOOM, but then under "Base:" it says E1M3. Which one is it?

Tormentor667 said:

It's E2M3, sorry for the confusion!

No problem. I'm on my second playthrough now. All in all, very enjoyable. I especially liked the use of the new monsters. It was tasteful without going overboard. As for the level, it was great - well detailed, nice architecture, and cool lighting. I will say that for me, it bore very little resemblance to E2M3. I actually fired up DOOM's E2M3 after the playthrough just to be sure I was thinking of the correct level. But since DOOM's E2M3 wasn't the best level to begin with, I'm glad you took a lot of creative liberties with the design.

Framerate mostly sucks in this map, is there any workaround or something? Maybe I got some console variable screwed up

dutch devil said:

Dammit now it makes sense, this map didn't looked like E1M3 at all. Didn't recognized a damm thing in the map :p

Maybe I should have called it "public beta test" :P

Krispy said:

I almost made that post about the errors but then I decided I'd let someone else take the boos and hisses.

Your´re welcome. :P

Tormentor667 said:

It's E2M3, sorry for the confusion!

Well, that´s the reason why i never read the textfile. ;)