Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

The word Nitro, in my user name is based on an extremely explosive chemical named nitroglycerin, which is a prety cool explosive to me.

The word active, in my user name is based on the word "radioactive", and we all know radioactivity can make you sick.

The word Studios was placed in because I made some Doom WADs and I'm currently working on a huge project. I also draw art too at my deviantART page.

So this basically tell that my username NitroactiveStudios means, that I'm radioactive and explosive, along with telling that I make WADs and drawings.

For a long time, I've been drinking far more soda than regular water (yes, I know this is extremely unhealthy), so I picked this name in 2007 to replace my old name "Krome the Kitten", so as to dissociate from it. If you think my posts are bad now, you should've seen how I posted 8 years ago when I was 10, which is when I came up with the Krome name.

printz said:

eargosedown (despite you posting elsewhere that it's read differently) sounds sadistic, like cutting someone's ear and watching it fall, which fits Doom's gory nature.

That's not how I interpreted it at all. O_o I thought it had to do with a dog's floppy ears hanging down due to gravity.

IDK back in the early days of the 21st century I was too internet-naive to know that there was a Mr. T on every corner of the internet.

Another handle I liked back then was FarQ (lol)

My name was inspired by the TNT Evilution map, "River Styx".

I have been posting here since I was in middle school, but, oddly, I am still a Junior Member.

X-Ray Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

Actually, it meant nothing at all when I first came up with the name when I was 8 or something. I'm severely lucky that it somehow seems un-lame enough that I've had no desire to permanently change it ever. o_O

Dragonsbrethren said:

Just two words put together for no particular reason.

oh, come off it. You don't produce this kind of loaded username for "no particular reason". If anything else, you're insulting dragon-lore and by extension fantasy-lore in all its reaches with this trite explication of your excrepable name. Come on, give us something we can sink our teeth into.

Hellbent.

Eris Falling said:

[...] Mine just refers to this.

I think Makemake would be a great username.

Mechadon said:

I am the Don of Mechas.

DonMechas would be a cool name.

BTW, I think Sephiroth has the coolest custom title:

Sephiroth
O o
/ÂŻ_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻÂŻ

I wish I had a cool custom title. ... *sigh*

InsanityBringer said:

[...] I dislike my username terribly, though some don't want me to change it because they're all used to it, and others tell me that it's fine.

Maybe in time, I'll be able to finally come up with something that doesn't suck near as much but people can still identify me with. Maybe.

I would strongly suggest changing it to LightBringer. Just my $0.02.

Lobo said:

I live in Spain.
My favorite animals are wolves.
Lobo is Wolf in Spanish, so there you go!

When I can't use lobo as my nick I use lobo_eire.
Lobo (see above)
Eire is Ireland in Irish and I am Irish, so...

Wulf and Eadwacer translated

It is to my people as if someone gave them a gift.
They want to kill him, if he comes with a troop.
It is different for us.
Wulf is on one island I on another.
That island, surrounded by fens, is secure.
There on the island are bloodthirsty men.
They want to kill him, if he comes with a troop.
It is different for us.
I thought of my Wulf with far-wandering hopes,
Whenever it was rainy weather, and I sat tearfully,
Whenever the warrior bold in battle encompassed me with his arms.
To me it was pleasure in that, it was also painful.
Wulf, my Wulf, my hopes for you have caused
My sickness, your infrequent visits,
A mourning spirit, not at all a lack of food.
Do you hear, Eadwacer? A wolf is carrying
our wretched whelp to the forest,
that one easily sunders which was never united:
our song together.

Here's an avatar if anyone wants to use it:

@essel: huh? Get the lawn in place post haste! (what?)

Also, I think your title would be better if it read: Cumulonimbus Raining Antagonistic Posting as it makes for a fine Acronym. :p

Feel free to use this avatar:

My name always have nearly same sequence as of how it is.

Mithral - Back when I played the hell out of Balders Gate: Dark Alliance, I always manage to get myself a Icy Burst Mithral Longsword, so it kinda stuck with me.

Everything after Mithral changes, whether be Link (Link from LoZ or a chain link), or Demon.

-And before you fancy yourself an argument on spelling of Mithral, mind you Mithral part of my name is DIRECTLY from the series, not Runescape/Final Fantasy's version of Mythrill / Mithril.-

My username here is actually my trademark. Which is a combination of my profession (Software Engineering: the fancy version of 'writing code') and a reference to the Doom Imp, because I like Doom. Maybe I shouldn't have used my trademark as my username, because now I find it a bit odd. I more often go by the nickname 'klapstoelpiloot', which is just a funny combination of dutch words. The direct translation is 'foldable chair pilot' and doesn't sound that good in english.

Obsidian: a volcanic glass similar in composition to granite, usually dark but transparent in thin pieces, and having a good conchoidal fracture.

In all seriousness, the word Obsidian has been flitting around my head for a while now: for some reason I just feel a sort of affinity to the word. Maybe it reflects my personality.

CodeImp said:

My username here is actually my trademark. Which is a combination of my profession (Software Engineering: the fancy version of 'writing code') and a reference to the Doom Imp, because I like Doom. Maybe I shouldn't have used my trademark as my username, because now I find it a bit odd. I more often go by the nickname 'klapstoelpiloot', which is just a funny combination of dutch words. The direct translation is 'foldable chair pilot' and doesn't sound that good in english.

What about Gherkin?

CodeImp said:

My username here is actually my trademark. Which is a combination of my profession (Software Engineering: the fancy version of 'writing code') and a reference to the Doom Imp, because I like Doom. Maybe I shouldn't have used my trademark as my username, because now I find it a bit odd.

????

Is your name used as a brand? Is it like CodeImp™?