Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Doomguy 2000 said:

Well my username means Doomguy of the third millennium. Meaning 2001-3000 AD.

Shouldn't that be 2000-2999 AD.?

Heh. I think it was something about diablo 2 that brought me to it. I don't really recall details though. *sigh*

printz said:

Is your name used as a brand? Is it like CodeImpâ„¢?

I didn't say it is a registered trademark ;) But yea, you could see it as a brand name I guess.

Eris Falling said:

Mine just refers to this.

Thanks to this thread I answered this question correctly:

31. The 2006 demotion of Pluto to the status of dwarf planet was precipitated by the discovery of what object orbiting beyond Pluto, believed to be 27 percent more massive than Pluto and named for the Greek goddess of strife and discord?

CodeImp said:

I didn't say it is a registered trademark ;) But yea, you could see it as a brand name I guess.

A registered trademark would be CodeImp®. CodeImp™ is for a plain-old, unregistered trademark.

My username is cockatoo in French. When I registered for this site, I had just bought a stuffed cockatoo while in Canberra. I was reading those tiny little booklets that come with them and I read the French one and voila.

hehe. i'm actually quite punctual.
LAG are the first 3 letters of my last name, backwards.

Edited by The Lag

I needed a decent name for my Twi'lek tailor in Star Wars Galaxies, so looking around for inspiration I decided to use a name from Metroid Prime. My favourite area in Metroid Prime was the Phendrana Drifts, so I nabbed the name and changed one letter. There we have it, Phendrena. So I use it everywhere now!

Meh, mine was just sprung up from the fact that my old artist name was "Sid the Spaz", which evolved into other things than just 'Spaz'. Then it just became the username I tend to go by now. : P

Ashura9699 said:

That old glitch from Sonic 2.
Damn, what a nice game.

Sonic CD was better. Sure, it had clunkier controls, but it had much more interesting level layouts, and it had a really cool atmosphere with a consistent art direction and overall feel. Sonic 2 on the other hand was probably the most bland game in the main games. It had linear levels and a very inconsistent art direction and feel. The addition of Tails was pretty cool, and it wasn't really that bad of a game, but I feel that it was one of the less polished games.

Sonic 3 was basically a much more polished version of the Sonic 2 game design.

i'm still pissed that the desert level that was featured on the back of the box never made it into the final game. (sonic 2)

I remember I really wanted the full version of this game after playing the demo. And i bugged Shaviro to get it for me, and then he started calling me Gex. I kept it.

I actually do like geckos and green.

Imp said:

Mine is based off this enemy in a old game...I think it was Hexen or Duke Nukem 3d..Cant quite recall...

Wasn't it that one game that really sucked and was quickly forgotten?

If you can't figure mine out at least a little bit you're a stupid stupid imp.

The part you'd be forgiven for not knowing is the specific GNU my name refers to.

Imp said:

Mine is based off this enemy in a old game...I think it was Hexen or Duke Nukem 3d..Cant quite recall...

Does it involve chickens?

GreyGhost said:

Does it involve chickens?

Yeah..I think so! Damn...Bugging the shit out of me...What game was it..I remember giant robot turkeys and some dude's head on a stick talking to me in a different language

Imp said:

Yeah..I think so! Damn...Bugging the shit out of me...What game was it..I remember giant robot turkeys and some dude's head on a stick talking to me in a different language

Ah, I remember now! The one with the dogs and the blue guys! I used to play it too.