Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheEndOfUs

Gallows, new album. Hardcore?

Anyone out there? Gallows are a hardcore punk band from Watford, England. They made a splash in the hardcore scene with "Orchestra of Wolves", their 2006 debut. After that, they did another LP, called "Grey Britain", from 2009. Then suddenly, their lead vocalist, Frank "The angry ginger-midget" Carter, decides to call the quits. They reform with new vocalist Wade MacNeil to record "Gallows".

This album rocks! I cant get enough of it! Never understood the comparisons to The Refused on their previous albums, but now I do. I know next to nothing about Hardcore, someone on here who can point me to some good bands? Been through the oldschool, looking for new-ish sounding bands, anything goes...

cool song....

sorry but i don't hear punk from ages, but a good example of hardcore punk i know is Sick of it all and Anti-flag...

I saw Gallows at Warped Tour 2010 (?) in Long Island, they had a HUGE circle-pit that I partook of and was nearly dead by the end of the song. That's pretty much all I remember. Good times.

Megalyth said:

I saw Gallows at Warped Tour 2010 (?) in Long Island, they had a HUGE circle-pit that I partook of and was nearly dead by the end of the song. That's pretty much all I remember. Good times.

Well, if that is the only thing you remember, it musta been a good show :)

this is not new and the band isn't even around anymore, but i am posting it anyway cos i felt like listening to it and sharing...legends:

i'll probably post new stuff and/or different styles of hardcore later on, if i remember.

Edited by The Lag

Agnostic Front's older stuff is hard to beat. Not sure why they changed their sound. Heavier doesn't always mean better.

The Exploited's later stuff also qualifies imo. It might be too metal-influenced for hardcore punk purists though.

I like a couple of songs from Agnostic Front's later albums, but the 90's stuff & older is better. Something's Gotta Give is a personal favourite. Exploited are always cool.

Victims are a Swedish band, pretty good

The Lag said:

Trap Them

No offense, but whenever I hear any sort of music that involves screaming the only thing that comes to mind is extreme retardation. It's on par with the likes of, something like Passenger of Shit.

I know people have musical tastes but I just do not understand why someone could enjoy sceaming vocals...unless you're really angsty.

Platinum Shell said:

No offense, but whenever I hear any sort of music that involves screaming the only thing that comes to mind is extreme retardation. It's on par with the likes of, something like Passenger of Shit.

I know people have musical tastes but I just do not understand why someone could enjoy sceaming vocals...unless you're really angsty.

this does not offend me at all. my tastes tend to be very broad since i have grown up and have spent most of my life in very diverse communities of music lovers.
if you think hardcore is retarded then i can only imagine what you would think of harsh noise or power electronics.

Edited by The Lag