Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good to see it on an actual distribution service. Although the Desura page begs one question:

Available to play Sep 12, 2012. This is the alpha version of Wrack! It contains the first four levels, and we're working vigorously to finish the other five. Two extra episodes are planned as DLC.

Does that mean that if you buy it from Desura (currently for 4 euros) you'll have to pay for the other five levels when they're done?

After taking 10 minutes to log in I finally voted but it says "This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far", but I'm guessing the server is still being crappy.

BloodyAcid said:

I have to buy a game to vote? Bullshit.

no. did you read the post like 5 above yours?

Or are you saying Steam won't let you vote unless you've bought a Steam game?

Hey Carnevil, just bought your game to try it out. Now that I have finished the levels I am eager to create some maps!

Problem is: I've opened WrackEd and added data 1,2,4 and 7 like intended. But once I am in editor, right MB and left MB doesn't seem to do anything in vertex mode.

Videos aren't of any help since I am half-deaf and it causes me troubles to understand oral english :-(

Could you list me basic controls please? I think the rest should be self-evident since it looks very much like DB2 + Front and Side grids.

From what I remember, you can't start drawing in vertex mode, you need to switch to face create mode or prism mode first. Vertex mode seems to be used to move vertices on existing geometry.

I think the problem is that you're in vertex mode. You want to be in face creation mode (the hotkey is C) to draw a face. THEN use the RMB/LMB to make stuff :) Vertex mode is for manipulating vertices - not drawing new things.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Phml beat me to it :P

DuckReconMajor said:

Just make an account and vote. You don't have to buy.

I get a window saying I have to.

Yeah, you need to own a game on Steam to vote. They probably did that to stop people from registering hundreds of accounts just to inflate their own games scores (which would inevitably happen).

Oh BTW, just upvoted your game. I like it, really. Very fun and all.

Once I figured out all the what and how of Wracked (a wiki instead of videos would really help for someone like me!), I'll try to make a map like I'd imagine them in the future episodes.

It looks well done but a jumpy map like that would probably have me committing suicide in real life.

I doubt it. Jumping is pretty easy in Wrack. I just made it harder for me cause I was still under the influence that mouse movement had an impact on momentum. It's just regular strafe running though. The jumping is a billion times more reliable than in any Doom engine game.