Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Show Printable Version

There's a button at the bottom of the page that says "Show Printable Version" which displays a thread with a white background and black font so that you can print out all the posts in the thread. Are there any threads here worth having tangible copies of? Besides any of my threads of course. Lets link some really awesome threads where it might be worth while to have printed documents of.

Personally I might want to print out release threads of my work to keep the responses, criticism, and reaction posts to my work. But that's just me. Are there any other threads where people shared some really interesting Doom discoveries, or made some really valuable mapping advice posts? Dig deep, people! I'm sure there's some awesome threads somewhere in the past that might be worth preserving.

I hate this feature. Google search results of various forums almost always point me to their printable versions, which lack many visual features, such as quote boxes, links or pictures. I don't care that much about my bandwidth to get such low-quality pages.

Also, why print and not simply save?

printz said:

I hate this feature. Google search results of various forums almost always point me to their printable versions, which lack many visual features, such as quote boxes, links or pictures. I don't care that much about my bandwidth to get such low-quality pages.

Site owners, however, care about their own bandwidth when they get accidentally DDoSed by crawlers.

Also, if you have never noticed, you always have a link to the "full" version of the thread view, right at the top of the page.

DoomUK said:

Anyone ever subscribed to a thread?

Yeah, I did it once to an obscure WAD project that I was expecting news about.

Woo I posted in those 2 thread. Total conversions that refused to use Freedoom as a base, even though that was all that was needed to make it legal. Even helped them make a legal one but advice was not taken.

BloodyAcid said:

Drama threads, funny troll threads and more drama threads.

That's what the Interwebs does best.

I personally feel that this is a nice feature to forums because you can use this to provide evidence for the police or court sessions in case if you were threatened in a easy way without printing all of the colors that wastes color ink. You could also use the feature to talk about post in videos.

chopkinsca said:

It would prove useful if you happened to get attacked by some mass EMP weapon.

Yeah I can agree with that, but what does EMP stand for? I found many abbreviations for it but which one is it?

printz said:

Also, why print and not simply save?

Now that I live with my fiance, I intend to spend more time with her and less with my PC. When I want to make maps and such, I like to sit around in the living room where its more comfortable, drawing maps and writing notes on paper instead of being huddled in front of the computer by myself. Having doom information resources on paper could be very valuable to me.

There are some pretty sweet drama threads but I was looking more into printing threads where people shared some advice about monster placement, or the way they map or align textures, or interpret the episodes of doom or doom 2. In hindsight it might be worth posting these threads on my own and printing the results myself. Except I'm sure there were already some really useful, and well-written information that was posted in old threads that would be nice to have.