Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Cane rat meat 'sold to public' in Ridley Road Market

Sly would eat it.

Seriously though, if it's clean meat, I don't see why rat meat should be so "ick"

Eating rat meat or whatever wouldn't bother me, provided it's not riddled with disease. It's the general hygiene issues that I'd be concerned about. Particularly from somewhere like that filthy street in the video.

Yeah I don't know why a lot of people are so disgusted by eating certain types of meat and then go to town on a burger or porkchop. I'd eat rat if I knew it was clean.

Technician said:

Street rats on the other hand...

Sewer rats is where it's at.

Krispy said:

Naw, it's mutant nukage rats that you want.

Vilerats? These are exotic, spicy treats to eat once in a while ;-)

Rat meat would be fine, provided it was fed an average diet and not shit found all over those slums.

But I would say fuck that to what was going on. Disease rampant funtime!

Might as well scrape some of the jelly between the butcher's toes and slather it on there for extra flavor.

FFS.

Platinum Shell said:

Rat meat would be fine, provided it was fed an average diet and not shit found all over those slums.

That would be missing the point. The advantage of rats vs fram-bred animals is exactly that they feed themselves, breed rapidly and are easy to catch, with cost efficiencies that not even the most intensive battery can match. Expect to see a lot of that all around the world pretty soon.....

Platinum Shell said:

Might as well scrape some of the jelly between the butcher's toes and slather it on there for extra flavor.

Hush!!!! These are the secret ALL NATURAL ingredients of the butcher's OWN PRODUCTION (on the exact nature of which we'll pass, for decency's sake).

It should be enough to know that these ingredient make up the secret flavour recipe, which is UNIQUE to each butcher and PASSED DOWN from Father to Son for GENERATIONS, IMPROVING and ADDING to the flavour! Wouldn't want to let the poor, honest-to-God working-class man to lose his edge now, would we?

Rats are just small guinea pigs. Provided they were healthy, pesticide-free and prepared in reasonably hygienic surroundings - I wouldn't say no.

Maes said:

That would be missing the point. The advantage of rats vs fram-bred animals is exactly that they feed themselves, breed rapidly and are easy to catch, with cost efficiencies that not even the most intensive battery can match. Expect to see a lot of that all around the world pretty soon.....

Nice job tip-toeing around what I said man. I said rats are fine provided they have a diet of things they would naturally eat, not the garbage we throw out and all of our discarded processed shit.

I assume you've never had a city squirrel before. You just don't want to eat it.

My uncle and I caught a couple squirrels up in northern, wooded Michigan. Dems were mighty tasty. But as a lesson we also caught a common black squirrel around my suburban neighborhood (too many of them anyway), cooked it up, and it tasted comparative to that of funk.

You are what you eat, bro. Enjoy the disease!

Platinum Shell said:

I assume you've never had a city squirrel before. You just don't want to eat it.

Not many squirrels where I live, unfortunately, or even rats/mice (well, maybe not THAT unfortunate, unless I get hungry, of course). I would give it a try however.

Platinum Shell said:

black squirrel...cooked it up, and it tasted comparative to that of funk.

With enough ketchup (or soy sauce), you can eat almost anything ;-)