• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John Smith

Cacowards 2012 nomination thread

Doom blog of the year:

Doomed: Doom WAD Reviews by KMX E XII

http://onemandoom.blogspot.com/

This year I haven't seen any other single person putting this much continuous work toward reviewing Doom WADs. KMX E XII is obviously a true lover of the game and deserves to be recognized. If there's no Cacoward category for blogs then I think this should be the year to create one.

Nominating CC4 for a Mordeth Award.

Early 2009 release, my foot!

Then again, Hadephobia was supposed to be a Speed of Doom deal and come out in Summer 2011... hm

Herculine said:

Doom blog of the year:

Doomed: Doom WAD Reviews by KMX E XII

http://onemandoom.blogspot.com/

This year I haven't seen any other single person putting this much continuous work toward reviewing Doom WADs. KMX E XII is obviously a true lover of the game and deserves to be recognized. If there's no Cacoward category for blogs then I think this should be the year to create one.

This would be nice. I use his blog constantly to find interesting WADs.

As for a map pack, Doom the Way Id Did.

I tend to disagree with the idea of nominating a blog for the year. If this blog (or other blogs) is somehow notable enough, then somebody will create a page for it on the Doom Wiki as an website. Are there other noteworthy blogs that will keep this idea lasting? I don't think so.

Gez said:

As a review site, it's at least as noteworthy as this or that.

sadly, doom5 shamed itself within the czech community over time. kelvin fought against almost everyone else in a few bitter flamewars and topped the effort with branding the site with an anti-islam movement logo shown in the top-right corner. it seems the banner is gone now, but kelvin has managed to chase most of the actvity away.

Doomguy 2000 said:

I tend to disagree with the idea of nominating a blog for the year. If this blog (or other blogs) is somehow notable enough, then somebody will create a page for it on the Doom Wiki as an website. Are there other noteworthy blogs that will keep this idea lasting? I don't think so.

I disagree with your disagreement.

If not a new Cacoward category, then the blog I nominated at least deserves some sort of honorable mention.

I know this isn't a completed project but I nominate Haze by NMN for an honourable mention. It was a project worked on for a couple of years which some of us anticipated (myself included, very anticipated) but was unfortunately abandoned earlier this year. I nominate it because it shows what the doom engine is capable of.

Obsidian said:

Nominating Khorus for Mapper of the Year.

I agree it's between him or Lupinx but I second this vote. I nominate Khorus for mapper of the year as well.

THEY SHOULD COLLAB OMG.

Im leaning towards kassman though. Khorus probably has many years of good maps ahead of him. Not to say Kassman doesnt, but he generally works on large community projects and this year has some of his best. Goodness knows if he will have a year like this anytime soon.

Just finished playing Skepland. One of the best wads I've ever played, and one of the hardest ones as well. I don't know if it's finished or what's going on but if that doesn't get an award then nothing else deserves it.

Pirate Doom Beta. I know it's a beta, but cmon; it's amazing! And the little touches like the silly hats popping off and falling down slowly.

BlueFireZ88 said:

I think I found the worst wad for this year (if they still do that sort of thing that is, and technically it's Sergeant_Mark_IV of Brutal Doom fame that found it).

I link the ZDoom forums to give you an idea of horrifying and theft worthy this truly is. Trust me, read the thread first.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34094

Aahahha, and the title of the website of that absurd wad is scoiattolichescopano, it means in italia: squirrels who fuck :)