Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narnda

Found an old copy of doom and need help identifying it

So I was going through my uncle's old stuff and his video games. He use to be a big gamer and even designed some old games, but anyway I found an old copy of doom in an old box. I tried to find the price of it online but I cannot find it. It's on 3.5 floppies, large rectangle box, No border, and it had the receipt inside with everything in it. Does any of you what this is? If you need any more info just ask.

You'll need to take some pictures (who doesn't have a digital camera nowadays?) and upload them to imgur or something like that.

Also, if you still have a usable floppy disk drive somewhere, try to get the files from it. Giving the checksum of the extracted Doom IWADs might help.

Alright, I'll get pics up by tonight. Could you give me a link on how to do that? I'll look for a floppy drive.

It's Registered Doom v1.1 with the v1.2 update disk and looks like the mail order release, the receipt should be able to tell us that.

Narnda said:

Anybody know how much it will sell for?

Depending on condition, completeness, version and the number of people who're looking for a copy - might fetch anywhere from $20 to $100.

Technician said:

About tree fiddy.

And then I noticed that it wasn't no Technician, it was this giant crustacean from the Paleolithic Era, and I says to dat monster, "I ain't givin' you no tree-fitty, you goddamn Loch Ness Monster! Get your own goddamn money!"

Please don't sell that. Keep it. I personally find the item and the little story behind it to be more interesting than the pocket change you could get for it.