Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LakiSoft

Can i help?

I get some pratice on mapping guys. So i wanna help. I spoted that Freedoom has a missing MAP32. I can make MAP32 if you guys allow. :)

LakiSoft said:

I get some pratice on mapping guys. So i wanna help. I spoted that Freedoom has a missing MAP32. I can make MAP32 if you guys allow. :)

If it's missing, go for it. :)

Cire said:

Archfile was working on MAP32, but I don't know if he's still working on it.

Then we should PM him to see does he are working or he are stop. :)

Doesn't matter. Whoever's work gets released first is what should be adopted into the project. No point in waiting on someone else when another person can get the same resource done and submitted faster.

Lakisoft, one thing I'd recommend is that you use the Commander Keen objects to end the level with, it'd be a nice use of my Commander Keen replacement resources, so that they don't go unused/to waste.

Thank you for suggestion! :D I will try to make level similar to Groose. It will have Nazis also. Also it will be not copy of Groose of course. That would be illegal. I will make map32 similar to groose as Freedoom's map11 are similar to Doom2's MAP11. :)

LakiSoft said:

I will try to make level similar to Groose. . . Also it will be not copy of Groose of course.

Freedoom's previous Map32 was rejected because it contained a copy of E1M3 from Shareware Doom, so try not to make your map too similar to any in the IWADs.

GreyGhost said:

Freedoom's previous Map32 was rejected because it contained a copy of E1M3 from Shareware Doom, so try not to make your map too similar to any in the IWADs.

Of course. I will made all from scratch. But it will still have similar feel as a GROOSE. :) I just want to help project. ;)

Guys i finished it. Here: http://filesmelt.com/dl/map32.rar
I know it's nothing special but i wanted old "WOLF3D GROSSE" style. Also there's an roof reminding me a Duke Nukem 3D Holywood Holocaust start. :) Be careful cuz there's 8 Cats [Commander Keens] to kill in secret places. Other aren't are in secret places. If my map sucks please someone improve it. I did basic job. :)

Catoptromancy said:

We had a wolf style map32 before but it was removed for being a wolf style map. This one is better though.

Thanks. :) I am glad i can help to this awesome project.

My only complaint is that some of the decorated wall textures have seems on their left side, and that the 256 tall room with columns is a bit too similar to the room from the official MAP32. As for the misaligned textures, I suggest that you keep to a 128x128 grid when placing these lines.

Sodaholic said:

My only complaint is that some of the decorated wall textures have seems on their left side, and that the 256 tall room with columns is a bit too similar to the room from the official MAP32. As for the misaligned textures, I suggest that you keep to a 128x128 grid when placing these lines.

What should i fix? Can you explain me better? :) Which lines and can you give me 2D Screenshot that shows how map should looks? :)

Since we're on the topic of secret levels, here's a map I made for another community project that didn't generate much interest:
http://depositfiles.com/files/0w0xtus0p

It's E2M9, but could easily go in another secret slot. The architecture is blocky because I was operating under very strict limits. I could modify it a bit so it looks nicer, and add some difficulty settings.

Catoptromancy said:

We had a wolf style map32 before but it was removed for being a wolf style map. This one is better though.

What was wrong with that level, anyway? Seemed perfectly decent to me.

Awhile ago we thought Freedoom shouldn't have maps that are just remakes of doom maps. Still have not removed e2m1, e3m1, or e4m1 but those also need to go.

I think either an oddly made map or massive monsterfest map would be perfect. Something that does not fit the other maps at all but also with good gameplay.